Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

You should've been there Lyris.

Comment

I did wonder if they had calibrated the LCD properly as the DLP gave it a right drubbing!

Comment

The fact they said it looked blue says to me they left it on the default setting, eep!

I've not spent a lot of time comparing the different technologies myself, because it was so damn hard to get demonstrations...

Edit: look at all the 60 gadgets, wow. I wonder who wins the bear
        Last edited by Lyris; 31-03-2008, 19:34.

Comment

Originally posted by Lyris View Post
          look at all the 60 gadgets, wow. I wonder who wins the bear
          I feel like a mug everytime I send my text - and I note that it's gone up from ?1 to ?1.50 now :/

Comment

We can but dream...

Comment

Regarding the projectors they actually said people from the manufacturers set them up so they should have been on optimum settings.

I think to enjoy the gadget show you have to try to forget everything you know because otherwise you'll just be thinking about their inaccuracies and bias.

Comment

God, I have to stop watching this programme. It's like bloody groundhog day with the same features series after series. Get some new ideas guys!

That said Suzy's camera design tonight was cool as hell, I'd love one of those.

Comment

I hate this show as they do not know what they are talking about half the time, and yet I watch it all the same

Comment

good, not just me then, I find it immensly irritating but watch every week in the hope of seeing something cool.

its just so superficial and as you guys say often misleading.

Comment

Seems to have got really REALLY bad last 2-3 seasons. I watched it tonight and it just reminds me of reality tv now, cringe worthy office style crash telly I cant stop watching. Horrible presenting that geek in the middle section going on about laptops in a plumb style accent and Suzi's face distorting from gorgeous over the years to a cabbage patch dolls. Totally inacurate facts and seems to be for the playstation generation of I will buy it because it looks nice. This weeks was rubbish with the stuff they where reviewing, half of it was messing about designing a blumming usb stick.

BTW where was any mention last week of projectors on DLP and rainbow effects and other symptoms aka migranes etc.. against it for people.

The presenting gives nerds steet cred

Comment

I thought Suzi's idea was blue sky bull****. Granted the technology is round the corner, but anyone with the help of a leading creative design agency could just as easily design something that looks sleek and then make ridiculous claims about its capabilities. An excercise in futility.

Comment

Originally posted by Dazzyman View Post
                          Seems to have got really REALLY bad last 2-3 seasons. I watched it tonight and it just reminds me of reality tv now, cringe worthy office style crash telly I cant stop watching. Horrible presenting that geek in the middle section going on about laptops in a plumb style accent and Suzi's face distorting from gorgeous over the years to a cabbage patch dolls. Totally inacurate facts and seems to be for the playstation generation of I will buy it because it looks nice. This weeks was rubbish with the stuff they where reviewing, half of it was messing about designing a blumming usb stick.

BTW where was any mention last week of projectors on DLP and rainbow effects and other symptoms aka migranes etc.. against it for people.

The presenting gives nerds steet cred
                          No mention no, but they they did not talk about chicken wire effects or drops in res with the lcd so it was fair lol the dlp deserved to win by far shame they did not get into sxrd as thats the daddy imoh

Comment

My thoughts exactly Dazzyman... sorry to repeat myself from the other page, but I'm surprised not one of the people they got in that room complained about DLP rainbows, at least a mention.

Comment

Originally posted by Lyris View Post
                              My thoughts exactly Dazzyman... sorry to repeat myself from the other page, but I'm surprised not one of the people they got in that room complained about DLP rainbows, at least a mention.
                              Not all dlp's have the rainbow
                              Effect esp if its a multi wheel model. And all they were asked is what was better and against that useless lcd they had i am not suprised it won. Its the better tech after all

Comment

Aye I noticed they didnt mention chicken wire either. I just found it suprising because they class themselves as the show to watch and its the first thing I learnt when i looked into dlp telllies vs lcd and projector market (and at the very early time delay with sound). I got a literal blinding migrane and rainbow from a sagem rear projector so I ended up with e 3LCD projector what broke anyway lol

I came close to getting a descent wheeled DLP projector (sony one about 4k) year before last but I got a Sony X instead. Some are fantastic out their in the higher price range so didnt affect me as much with rainbow or motion sickness but these ones where crap on the show. Then again they did this crap with plasma versus lcd with stupid non tech things.

For me I gave up when they got the Plasma in and cood over that it had a sensor on the front to monitor it and auto adjust to which the plum sounding one mentioned about if it was affected if you turned the lights on and we got oh no it still has auto brightness etc.. Jees first thing to do is to switch all that crap off and set it manually. You might as well turn aorund and say you dont get clouding if auto brightness is on for certain lcds then lads

Their repeating loads as well with the same things why cant we have some proper constructive reviews of panels and same with camcorders etc.. why do you have to drive around on a motorbike or pretend to do a movie why not just review it properly and tell us its specs shutter speed instead of skirting over the proper information we need and saying its the best one because cabbage patch doll says "its stylish". Its worse than a review in a sunday magazine supplement now
                                Last edited by Guest; 24-04-2008, 21:39.

Comment

Working...
                                X