No announcement yet.

Any Muse fans in the room?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Another big fan also, any news on any albumage (it'll be 2 years since the last one this year).
    I lovea all the albums and they all have some really stonking songs on, which I listen to on an almost daily basis. Even when a new album comes out and I think there aren't as many good songs as the last album, they grow and grow.

Comment

Another big fan here. Although I have to admit they were a band that my wife was in to first when she discovered Showbiz. I didn't really "get" them until their second album and then I never looked back. They're one of those bands who I think are getting better with each album and when you see them live you appreciate just how great musicians they each are.

BTW, does anyone else like Glorious from their last album which only seemed to be on certain copies of the album, one of those bonus tracks they do on special editions and in certain countries? No idea why they left it off some versions as its a great song.

Can't wait to see what they do next.

Comment

Glorius is a very cool track, nice and spacey, I think it was probably left out of the main album because it wasn't in tone of the rest of the album (it didn't have the same political vibe)

It was availible through Itunes only I thought when you purchased the entire album.

Comment

Another fan here, managed to catch them live on the Origin of Symmetry Tour in Glasgow Barrowlands and my face literally got blown off, they were fantastic. That was the first and only time i ever saw them live. Vividly remember Bliss being played, then a big massive white balloon exactly like the one in The Prisoner falling from the celiling and bouncing around the crowd til it blew up, awsome.
          Only thang i have heard about new album is they are going into the studio this year and the album should be self-produced.
          Need a Muse pack on GH3, NOW!

Comment

Anyone else here get the Haarp DVD. Just finished watching it, and may have annoyed the neighbours with the volume being set so high. Amazingly well directed, almost made me feel I was back at Wembley stadium, though it did have to off the night I didn?t go which is a little disappointing. At least I?ve seen both nights now though.

Comment

I bought OOS which seems like a decade ago (was it?) thought it was a pretty good album, know one i knew liked them either. Shame. Can't believe back then i was actually skinnier than Matt! Citizen Erased builds into something quite brilliant. Used to listen to this back when i first had a dreamcast.

Comment

Yeah, picked up the HAARP CD/DVD yesterday, although haven't had a chance to watch the DVD yet. Went to Wembley Stadium on 16th so will be interested to see what the 17th was like. Bit annoyed that they missed Citizen Erased, Sunburn and Plug In Baby off the CD though, and Sunburn and Bliss off the DVD

Going to see them at the Royal Albert Hall next month and then at V in August - woop

Comment

So anyone heard the new single "Uprising" yet? Or the album track on the website "United States of Eurasia (+Collateral Damage)?

Really good stuff...not as guitar heavy as I was hoping for, but good stuff.

That said, they both sound like "homages" to other songs in places.

Comment

Heard a brief bit of Uprising, seriously sounds like Doctor Who

Comment

The synth bit goes the Billy Idol - White Wedding route, but changes right near the end! Love the bass though. I think Chris is a hugely under-rated bassist, take our his bass and Muse songs wouldn't be anywhere near as amazing as they are.

United States of Eurasia is SO Queen-esque, it's frightening in places. Love the piano outro (Collateral Damage) but I'm convinced it's a piece of classical music slightly re-arranged, just can't place it.

Comment

I thought that about Eurasia. The structure of these songs ... Muse are teetering on the edge of the valley of Prog here, but I like it.

Comment

Loving the new single, very similar in theme to a couple of their previous songs. Love it.

The other single hasn't stuck yet, they always take a while to sink in then they get a good 2 years of constantly play for me.
                          Last edited by EvilBoris; 05-08-2009, 12:31.

Comment

The album?

You got a promo Boris?

Comment

If only. I've tried all the usual channels too.
                              I don't even think is album is finished yet, I'm sure I read that eurasia isn't the completed version
                              Typing quicker than my brain can think.

Comment

Pretty sure the album is finished and promo copies are knocking about! Does anyone know if Muse still do really interesting promo copies? I had a single promo that was in an anti-static bag, an album promo that came with a plastic screwdriver to open the four screws that held the case shut. Really cool stuff. Sadly I don't get much in the way of promos nowadays.

Comment

Working...
                                X