No announcement yet.

T4/Terminator Salvation: The Future Begins

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I've decided not to take T3 or T4 as canon and just enjoyed them at face value as somebody's further interpretation of Cameron's ideas.

Same way as I don't see the Alien franchise valid after Aliens. When Alien3 ruined some of the best action cinema ever, by deciding the last 30 mins of Aliens should be made pointless in the first 47 seconds, I decided to put my fingers in my ears and go "La la la la laaaa"

Anyways, back to Terminator. More confusion!

1. If John Conner hadn't sent Kyle Reese back in time, he wouldn't have been conceived.
    2. If JC wan't born, nobody would have lead the human resistance to defeat the machines.
    3. If the machines weren't defeated, they'd have no need to send back a Terminator.
    4. If a Terminator wasn't sent back, Cyberdyne wouldn't have got the brain chip and arm.
    5. If Cyberdyne didn't get this technology boost, they'd never have created Skynet.
    6. If Skynet wasn't created, there would have been no war.

So by sending Kyle Reese, back in time, John Conner is creating the human/machine war! *gasp*

Also, I thought Skynet was supposed to be sentient and decide the only way to stop war was to kill everybody (or was that War Games' W.O.P.P.R.?). By T4, it's this

Bonham-Carter GUI

super-duper computer that can run Mac or Windows and has loads of sneaky plans like

kidnap Kyle Reese to lure John Conner to their base

. Mind you, that's not so smart, is it? Why not just

kill Kyle Reese

?

Comment

Originally posted by QualityChimp View Post

1. If John Conner hadn't sent Kyle Reese back in time, he wouldn't have been conceived.
      Why does everyone assume Kyle Reese was always John's Father? In the original pre Terminator time travelling timeline is it not conceivable that Sarah Connor met a nice 80's guy, had a child and named him John? In a similar way, could the discovery of the first terminator remains inspired Miles Dyson and brought the construction of Skynet forward a decade or two hence the different date in T3?

Comment

It seems that the timeline keeps changing due to t heir actions. Meaning that there is no destinty no r fate, just a constantly changing future..

Comment

Originally posted by Concrete donkey View Post
          Why does everyone assume Kyle Reese was always John's Father?
          Didn't you see the first movie? We got Hamilton sideboob and everything!

Am I the only one who sees Supergoal's post in a digitised font?!
          Are you really Skynet?

Comment

I think I prefer T3's approach whereby the war and Skynet are fated to happen but it's the 'how' that constantly changes.

Comment

I think I prefer T1's sideboob approach.

Comment

Why does everyone assume Kyle Reese was always John's Father? In the original pre Terminator time travelling timeline is it not conceivable that Sarah Connor met a nice 80's guy, had a child and named him John?
                Doesn't she rub her pregnancy bump and look at a picture of Kyle in the first movie?

Comment

want even more confusion read this
                  Don't Miss 28 Random Facts That Prove Size Does Occasionally Matter Authors Jay Wells L'Ecuyer, Cracked Writers Published 06/24/2024 15 Celebrities Who Somehow Survived Incredibly Deadly Situations Authors
                  Last edited by MisterBubbles; 16-06-2009, 12:11.

Comment

Originally posted by gunrock View Post
                    Doesn't she rub her pregnancy bump and look at a picture of Kyle in the first movie?
                    I'm not saying Kyle Reese isn't the father now. The Terminator 2 John Connor and all the other ones were fathered by Kyle Reese. I'm talking about the John Conner skynet sent the first terminator back in time to kill in the first place.

Comment

*take a puff on this *****

Comment

Perhaps since there have been at least 3 different versions of John Conner, maybe she had a few kids by different fellas.

This is Skynet taking over your fourm. You have al l been targeted for termination!

Comment

Even after reading all the negatives I still think T4 is way better than T3. Arnie was too old for T3 for one thing, how do robots age? T4 could've been a lot better but I thought T3 sucked and I can't remember anything from it at all.

Comment

I'm not saying Kyle Reese isn't the father now. The Terminator 2 John Connor and all the other ones were fathered by Kyle Reese. I'm talking about the John Conner skynet sent the first terminator back in time to kill in the first place.
                            This is generally what I think. There are some other iffy areas though.

Comment

Time travel is always going to **** things up in whatever fiction it appears in, particularly with Terminator's sketchy writing!

Comment

Originally posted by MisterBubbles View Post
                                I think if you look at it front to back (and completely ignore T3 and the spin off series) it almost makes sense -sort of.

Skynet exists in every timeline as the whole thing was a government project (according to T1), so from the machines perspective the only difference is in the John Connor timeline they lose. The arm and chip left in T2 doesn't make much difference and only alters the timeline by accelerating the tech; think Connor even says in Salvation the T-800 show up years earlier than expected, so that part makes sense.

I guess you could explain away the ?why not kill Sarah Connor when she was a a baby?? argument by saying the future war was nearing the end, so the T-1000, T-800 were last ditch attempts to alter history.
                                Last edited by Kit; 16-06-2009, 20:20.

Comment

Working...
                                X