No announcement yet.

Wall-E

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I thought Ratatouille was alright, I didn't enjoy Cars at all but i'm really looking forward to this.

Nice to see you saw it with good impressions Thanks

Comment

I've been looking forward to this for ages and it's finally coming on 18 July. Cinema Blend gave it 5/5:

Andrew Stanton, who won an Oscar in 2004 for Finding Nemo, has certainly earned his place in the pantheon of animation pioneers, but with WALL-E, he has taken not only the art of animation, but the art of storytelling to new, unimaginable heights.
      Full review:

A love letter to science-fiction films of old with a modern environmentalist message, WALL-E is another winning confection from Pixar, the folks who have made an art out of wrapping adult themes in ch

Comment

Really looking forward to this - saw the preview before Hulk last week and it looks very good.

Rossman - was that an advanced screening you went to?

Comment

Originally posted by Bydo View Post
          It does look really good in the trailers, but I can't stop thinkg? "Jonny Five, is ALIVE!"! - Oh and Benjy, Zaxx and the Alien Prince (off of di Ayteees).

LMAO i used those two exact examples when describing this to a friend.

Total rip off imo.

Comment

yeah, the joys of being a BAFTA member

oh and I forgot to say, it's got

Fred Willard

in it!!

Comment

Although it will drop, WALL.E is currently number 6 in the all-time chart at IMDB. 9.2 so far, not bad

Comment

I've never been a big fan of these kinds of films, especially when they're voice acted by some big shot actor or other doing ridiculous cutesy / overacted voices. It would be nice if they did one of these kinds of films with little or no recognisable voice acting, but I realise that would be a step too far for some.

Comment

Ratatouille was like that, there were next to no hollywood bods in it, all proper voice actor talent.

Comment

Wall•E apparently only has one line of dialogue from one of the human characters. The rest of the time it relies on robot body language.

Comment

Originally posted by paul View Post
                      I'It would be nice if they did one of these kinds of films with little or no recognisable voice acting, but I realise that would be a step too far for some.
                      That's exactly what they've done with Wall-E!

Comment

I hope that keeps going. Professionals should do the voices, not live action stars.

Comment

Originally posted by Lyris View Post
                          I hope that keeps going. Professionals should do the voices, not live action stars.
                          Mark Hamill FTW!!!

Comment

There's a fair bit more than one line but yeah its largely robot talk and movements.

Originally posted by CMcK View Post
                            Wall?E apparently only has one line of dialogue from one of the human characters. The rest of the time it relies on robot body language.

Comment

After watching Ratatouille last night, I can't say I'm looking forward to this as much as I might have been. For a time Pixar could do no wrong but I thought Cars was so boring I turned it off halfway through and although Ratatouille was better, it still wasn't very inspiring.

I know it must be incredibly hard to keep the quality high but the drop off compared to their earlier stuff has been huge. Watching Ratatouille, I felt the problem was that they need a double act at the centre of their films like Woody and Buzz or Mike and Sully. I know A Bug's Life and The Incredibles had families at their centre, which Ratatouille had for part of the film but the human characters in it were so uninteresting.

I really hope they are back on form with WallE.
                              Don't look at me, I'm irrelevant.

Comment

Just saw the trailer for this today. Looking awesome, really looking forward to watching it

Does the storyline remind anyone of a certain Megadrive game?

Comment

Working...
                                X