• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by funkydan View Post
    Mark Hamill FTW!!!
    He was in a Simpsons episode, right?

Comment

Originally posted by kyo_244 View Post
      Just saw the trailer for this today. Looking awesome, really looking forward to watching it

Does the storyline remind anyone of a certain Megadrive game?
      Yeah, Michael Jackson's Moonwalker

Comment

Just saw this, thought it was absolutely fantastic, the best Pixar film since Toy Story. Interesting, endearing, perfectly paced, perfect length (not too long), full of eye candy, and told a story without the use of meandering dialogue. Live action films can't hope to compete with this art form when it's as good as this, at least not at the moment./

Comment

This was fantastic!
          I adored the Sci-Fi stylings (I bet that we get even more electronics devices with hidden glowing lights and lack of seams after this) the likeable characters and the incredible visuals. I wouldn't go as far as saying it is my favourite Pixar film, there are others that I would choose to watch over this, but the characters and setting holds a nostalgic place in my heart.
          Robot voices for the Win!
          It also has the best use of a credits sequence ever, on 2 counts!

Really loved it and can't wait to have it on Blu Ray

Comment

On the strengh of your comments EvilBoris, im gonna watch it tomoz fo' sure!

Comment

Hopefully I can convince my brother to go see this in Guildford Odeon tomorrow!

Can't wait to see it!

Comment

Watched this tonight, just one word to describe it really. Awesome.

Comment

I saw this today as well and it's just an absolutely fantastic, very sweet and heartwarming story. The central relationship between Eve and Wall-E is just so lovely that if you don't leave the cinema with a warm glow you are officially dead inside. I loved that the humour was quite subtle and not as in your face, watching this little robot doing his thing and trying to get the girl/robot.

Easily my favourite Pixar film and the best film I've seen this year so far easily.
                  Last edited by mr_woo; 18-07-2008, 23:20.

Comment

Wow, I've not heard anybody say anything bad about it yet!!!

Comment

Also , I want a screensaver of

fat people

sliding down a hill. That bit reminded me of Locoroco

Comment

Saturated with positivity! Good to hear.

Comment

Watched it yesterday... amazing movie.

Straight onto my wanted HD list... 9/10 for me and possibly one of the finest movies I've seen pixar make to date (which is obviously saying a lot).

Comment

I'll have to echo the thoughts in this thread, saw this last night and for the first time watching a film at a cinema in a long time I wasn't bored for a single second.

Every film i've seen so far in the last year or two had at least one moment of "get on with it" but Wall e delivered throughout. How they can get largely voicless robots to be more lovable and interesting than 99% of other film characters is beyond me. I suppose having them NOT talking like Cars makes them more adorable.

The humans were cleverly incorporated and was it just me and my girlfriend but did the REAL human on screen actually seem to make sense despite the fat humans watching him were CGI, very clever.

It's definitely up there with Pixars best, it might even be my favourite but you can only make that decision once you've bought it on Blu Ray and watching it numerous times. Can't wait for the disc release. If it looked that good in the cinema, imagine how good it'd be in high def. It's a giant leap above all CG films i'd seen

Comment

I adored this.

I admire Pixar for moving away from the typical CG film with big name stars and a 'hilarious' wisecracking script (a standard that they started - although better than anyone else) to a more physical form of animation that echoes the silent classics and Disney's Dumbo (my favourite Disney picture).

Eve's cries of 'Wall-E!' were heart wrenching.

Comment

I admire Pixar for moving away from the typical CG film with big name stars and a 'hilarious' wisecracking script (a standard that they started - although better than anyone else)
                                Pixar started that? I thought it was more the likes of Aladdin and Shrek...

Comment

Working...
                                X