Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This is on Sky movies on Saturday for those that are interested

Comment

Watched this the other week, scared the ****ing **** outta me!

Really really good, Spain is the new horror film centre.

Comment

Just got round to watching this. Meh. EVERY "Scare" was signposted and I even guessed the rough order of everyone dying. I'v had more scary ****s, and it was all far too obvious to be enjoyable. Maybe I'v just been overexposed to this type of story...

Comment

Just seen this.

I thought it was quite good. I liked the

demonic possession/vatican reveal at the end

, but generally thought the end was a bit weak.

Comment

Saw the original apparently much better than the remake. The end made me crap myself too.

Comment

My friends helped me get this in the weekend, and having seen the remake a couple of weeks ago, and thouroughly enjoying it, i am looking forward to seeing where it all began. From what ive heard from pretty much everyone else, teh original is a lot better in everyway - which bodes well, as I was unsure about a subbed horror, and the fact that i pretty much know what is going on now that ive seen the remake not long ago.

Still, gonna give it a whirl when i get the time.........

Comment

Originally posted by buster_broon View Post
                but the girl in the Spanish version swings it
                RIGHT, i am definatley watching this VERY SOON!

'Hawt' senoritas' be my Krytonite........

Comment

Originally posted by 112 View Post
                  RIGHT, i am definatley watching this VERY SOON!

'Hawt' senoritas' be my Krytonite........

Well, she's kind of buck-toothed, but she does have something. Especially when she's babbling spanish at 120mph. Very sexy.

Comment

Originally posted by gunrock View Post
                    Well, she's kind of buck-toothed, but she does have something. Especially when she's babbling spanish at 120mph. Very sexy.
                    lol........ its funny isn't it, how speaking in another tongue, makes someone more appealing, and how it always sounds like its being said at a speed beyond the national speed limit (70mph?)

Comment

Saw this just now. Scared the bejesus out of me

I watched it with the earphones turned up loud.

I liked the pacing, and it pretty much kicked in. Lots of jumps during the scary bits and lots of tension and human drama in the other bits, not to mention some comedy - the guy combing his hair before the interview cracked me up!

The ending freaked me out loads. The camera pan in the attic was funny because even though it was obvious what would happen at the end of the pan it still made me jump! The first nightvision glimpse of the grandma thing walking past in the distance was really, really freaky, plus the fact she was walking about with a hammer!

One more thing for those who saw it:

Did anything become of the Japanese lady's dad? I don't think I saw him. Also in this trailer:

at 1:15 they're walking up to the little girl but I don't remember that in the film - there's two firemen and they're both wearing their helmets

I just saw the trailer for Quarantine, I might watch that anyway. And as for subbed horror, I was worried a bit but luckily my GCSE Spanish from ten years ago kicked in during the action bits so I didn't need to look at the subs as often!
                      Last edited by randombs; 19-07-2009, 22:18.

Comment

[REC] 2. Any idea if this is geniune or not? First one scared the **** out of me, gf didn't flinch though

Comment

Judging from that footage I'm like 100% sure that's real.

Comment

Looks genuine and I think it's due out in a couple of months. The trailer makes it look like the exact same thing only with guns. Like an add-on pack. Hopefully, the trailer only shows stuff from the opening so that a)there's more to it and b)it doesn't give away the most important shots. Although, if I remember correctly, I think the trailer I saw for the original had almost no shots from the actual movie.

Edit: Actually I think it must be more to it, given the behind the scenes footage here - http://www.tv3.cat/videos/847399
                            Last edited by Dogg Thang; 07-08-2009, 20:08.

Comment

yeap rec squared looks pretty good

Comment

Went to see the sequel last night. I loved it. So glad it got a cinema release.

Continues straight on from the first, going into the same building. And the action is much the same. Creepy and very intense in places. Though much is the same, the story takes a bit of a different turn as it really runs with the idea set up at the end of the first film (

the possession angle

).

That story turn gives a whole spin on things and makes the film into something more. I really like where it went. I don't think everyone will but it's just such a well made movie I just went with it and enjoyed it.

Comment

Working...
                                X