No announcement yet.

Iron Man

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

There is a lot held back from that I hear, and if your offering that as a gift I am not one to look a gift hooker in the mouth...

Comment

Originally posted by dvdmike View Post
      I always have a birthday movie, a film that comes close to my birthday. Friday is my 30th and this is by far the best prezzie I could have wished for
      Ha ha, it's my birthday on Friday too and I was just looking to see what time The Losers is on as I wasn't sure what else was on then saw Iron Man 2 is out!

Then again, maybe I should see The Losers and avoid the Iron Man 2 rush...

Comment

If I get paid from my last jobI am IMAX-ing it I did not know the Losers was out too! its awesome comicbook movie day!

Comment

We should go bowling, get balloons and eat jelly and ice cream afterwards!

Don't forget your piece of birthday cake in a napkin!

Comment

Lol victoria sponge!
            Just got my sub issue of empire and the ad for the losers days may 28th
            Last edited by dvdmike; 26-04-2010, 14:52.

Comment

Originally posted by Spatial101 View Post
              I would just like to say I am so excited about seeing this next week, that I may very well have a heart attack before I make it to the cinema
              Yup, I can't wait to watch this too! Gonna go to the IMAX to watch it with some mates, had tickets booked for ages.

Comment

IM2 is getting some mixed early reactions. I've seen a few negative comments. I hope they haven't done a Spider-Man 3 with this series already.

Comment

Good. Im going to hold back my excitement beforehand then, as long as it has decent robot smashing then I'll be happy. Im more looking forward to War Machine looking badass than Tony anyway.

I cant help but feel that whilst the first movie was a nice thrill ride I think it merely exceeded peoples low expectations, Ironman has never been the most popular of characters but has translated well onto the big screen.

Comment

Ain't It Cool News like it:

Contains explicit language
                    IRON MAN was a damn good first foray into the character of Tony Stark & IRON MAN - but I think just about everybody was a tad disappointed in the Iron Monger. That last act just wasn't quite as super-awesome as the first two-thirds. In IRON...

Their impressions are more in line with what I was hoping.

Comment

Don't really have much regard for Harry's opinions. He's gone crazy over some awful films in the past.
                      Last edited by abigsmurf; 27-04-2010, 13:08.

Comment

Originally posted by abigsmurf View Post
                        Don't really have have much regard for Harry's opinions. He's gone crazy over some awful films in the past.
                        Yeah, he's horrible.

Comment

Off to see this in a bit

Edit
                          Ok that was aces! I loved the hell out of it.
                          Yes it has that too much going on problem and the

Crimson Dynamo fight at the end should have not been over as quickly as it was, they should have only had one fight.
                          The kill bots went on too long and that whole fight should have been with Ivan in his suit

But apart from that i enjoyed it more than the first as the fun they had was infectious, and you had the fun along with the cast.

Plus

I loved the Thor teaser, that made me leave the cinema hyped

Last edited by dvdmike; 29-04-2010, 17:11.

Comment

Originally posted by dvdmike View Post
                            There is a lot held back from that I hear
                            Unfortunately that wasn't the case. If you've seen the trailer, you've seen the film.

I liked the first the first. It's a bit minor to be a big action film, but has loads of charisma, and some exciting stuff, like the escape near the start and the jet flight sequence. So I was keen to see part 2.

And, well, it's a 2/5 for me. Plodding, pointless scenes. As I've said, all the key moments are in the trailer, so there was little coming along you don't already know about. Best bit was the car race sequence, raised a few laughs, well framed and staged. The end battle is a retread of the first film, and just as dull - though in the first film there are some imaginative shots, missing from this.

Felt rushed, under developed. Jumping from scene to scene, character to character, with no direction. Too many characters. No sense of danger. There are interesting ideas that get brushed aside and ignored.

Not impressed at all First Titans and now this, the summer blockbusters aren't shaping up too well right now

Comment

I thought it was good fun, it had the same problems the first film had, very little action. Alot of plodding, no where near the levels of Transformers 2. Good characters & some great dialogue. 4/5.

Comment

I'm 4/5 it would have been 5/5 if Kate Mara had more than one scene

Comment

Working...
                                X