Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

New Tarantino: 'Inglorious Bastards' 2009??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

watched this again on bluray last night and wondered how the lengthy scenes would hold up second time round, if anything I enjoyed it even more, its a stunning film with some brilliant performances.

after 2 views now think this is a bit of a classic for me and my fave Tarantino.

Comment

Originally posted by Synthesthesia View Post
      Just got back from seeing this. I don't get what everyone loves about it- It seriously bored the hell out of me. If i could get those 2 hours and 15 minutes (or whatever it was) of my life back, I would. Worst film I've seen in ages.
      I'm with you. The first time I watch a movie I watch it. This had me reaching for my DS.

Comment

Watched this last night and agree, QT is back to his best. Lengthy dialogue with lashings of violence. His tension building skills have got even better, even if you predict whats coming you can still enjoy it as its so well executed. The only thing I didnt like was the music blaring out at certain moments, a bit Kill Bill like in that sense.

I really thought qt had fallen off since I hated both Kill Bills and Death Proof. This film has completly restored my faith. I can see how this might have stretched to 3 movies but he's done here what he should have done with Kill Bill and made one tight movie instead.

Anyway, anyone who hasnt seen it yet needs to check it out, I wish I saw it sooner now.

Comment

3.5 skulls / 5 for me.

Good movie, I found some of Pitt's dialogue (his delivery) ropey and the Bear Jew character a waste of a great name. Plus points for Bowie's Cat People.

Comment

Originally posted by Baseley09 View Post
            3.5 skulls / 5 for me.

Good movie, I found some of Pitt's dialogue (his delivery) ropey and the Bear Jew character a waste of a great name. Plus points for Bowie's Cat People.
            Agree with all the above, still rates highly for me though.

Comment

Saw it on Blu-ray the other night. Thoroughly enjoyed it and didn't find it dragged at all. My favourite scenes were 1 and 4. Tarantino has such a way with dialogue that he gradually builds up the tension until the final pay off. Masterful.

Comment

Originally posted by merf View Post

after 2 views now think this is a bit of a classic for me and my fave Tarantino.
                I'm thinking this more and more now myself! I just watched it again. For say about the 5th or 6th time. I was going to watch just half an hour or something then get an early night but I watched the whole thing because I loved it.

The dialogue as everyone says is just perfect. Truly Tarantino at his best.

I actually clapped when the film ended there just because I enjoyed it so much and then realised I think I done the same the last time I seen it!

Pulp Fiction & Reservoir Dogs (and all his movies for that matter) will always be up there with some of my favourite films but this is starting to really outshine them now I think.

Comment

Definitley a very rewatchable film and "Bonjourno" still cracks me up.

Comment

I also applauded at the end. Fantastic film.

Comment

Sorry to dig up an old thread, but this picture sums up the bar shoot out........

Comment

Haha Two people in that picture are getting shot in the head.

Comment

Working...
                        X