This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

^Oh, yeah - I forgot about that.

I saw it as a kid. That and 'Night Of The Zombies' (not the gory Bruno Mattei one, the other one with the Nazi zombies.) Both atrocious.

And then there's "Dawn Of The Living Dead"...

How can so many people do zombies so little justice???!

Comment

In Cinema:

Journey To The Centre Of The Earth 3D - Not bad. Decent use of 3D and some fun sequences. Movie version of a disney rollercoaster! ***

Narnia: Prince Caspian - Solid 3 Star film. Nothing amazing, but well worth a watch. Not as magical as the wardrobe one.

At Home
      District 13 - Was slightly disappointed by this, as I've heared so much about it. I expected longer parkour sequences, I think. There was a bit too much story in there, and it was ****e. A film like this isn't about the story, people!!

Comment

Thursday:

Ping Pong - finally got round to seeing this. I loved it, especially the pumping soundtrack, not to mention the amount of people in it who I recognise from all the Japanese dramas I've seen over the years

Saturday (movie marathon while i had a flu. all three subtitled, all watched on our ws crt, which did wonders for my eyes i always seem to end up watching subbed stuff while i'm ill and groggy. dunno why...):

Brotherhood of the Wolf - I liked it, although it was pretty naff at times. Ticks the right boxes though - the action was good, it's got Belluci in it, and I want to see Crying Freeman now.
        Kikujiro - Amazing film, amazing soundtrack (Joe Hisaishi), I really love Beat's lingering camerawork, always seems to last a good few seconds more at the end of a shot
        City of God - great stuff

Sunday:

Fearless - got this on hddvd seeing as it was about ?4 from hmv. Was hoping it'd have the deleted Michelle Yeoh scene but it only had the Thai fight as an extra. Gits

Comment

I watched keeping the faith on BBC1 last night on the off chance, and I thought it was pretty good even if the ending was a bit off. The film had a decent mix of comedy and drama.

Comment

Watched the original Hellboy last night, love that film. Total class from beginning to end.

Comment

The Last Kiss - whiney film about whiney 30-somethings who aren't happy with their choices and relationships. Stars Zach Braff from Scrubs (as lead whiney 30-something). Films like this demonstrate how we've turned into a generation of pussies.

Comment

Twin Peaks: Fire Walk With Me - I love this film more each time I see it, never really understood all the hate it seems to get - I think it's a lot better than any part of the TV series.

Comment

The Rock: Bit restless last night. Missus went to bed at about 11pm and I just couldn't switch of the ol' brain. So, I thought, let's watch something totally OTT and with some slightly dodgy acting. This film is quality!!! Guns, explosions, Connery, Cage, Harris all directed by Michael "where are my f***ing helicopters?" Bay. Sweeeeet.

Just about to sit down and watch Replacement Killers. Haven't seen it in years but, hey, Mira Sorvino is foxy and I seem to recall there being some pretty good shoot outs in it!

Comment

Yesterday I went to cinema to see Journey To The Centre Of The Earth 3D and although a lot of it was completely ridiculous, I found the film quite enjoyable. It is just a throwaway adventure movie really, but it has an old school charm to it and some of the set pieces looked great in 3D.

When I got back from the seeing that I caught a film on the TV called Nick of Time. This was basically a thriller set in realtime about a guy who is blackmailed into killing somebody. If he doesn't do it, his daughter will be murdered. Again, this was a bit of enjoyable tat really. However, there are a few Hitchcock-esque moments in there and it also starred Johnny Depp and a moustached up Christopher Walken!
                    Last edited by MetalJoe; 16-07-2008, 08:38.

Comment

Mr Brooks again on BR. Has to be my fav film by Costner even beating his epic Dances With damn creepy but great to watch.

Comment

Originally posted by MetalJoe View Post
                        When I got back from the seeing that I caught a film on the TV called Nick of Time. This was basically a thriller set in realtime about a guy who is blackmailed into killing somebody. If he doesn't do it, his daughter will be murdered. Again, this was a bit of enjoyable tat really. However, there are a few Hitchcock-esque moments in there and it also starred Johnny Depp and a moustached up Christopher Walken!
                        I remember this got panned when it first came out, but I've found it to be decent and watchable enough. Strange, really, cos it isn't a particularly tense thriller, but had me watching with interest nevertheless.

Comment

Yeah, I know what you mean by that. I thought it was nothing special really but still found it a watchable film nonetheless.

Comment

Watched Thirteen tonight. A great film about an uncool American teenager (who's 13 obv) trying to fit in with the 'cool' gang and consequently almost ruining her life. Watched it with my younger sister who totally related to it. Very good drama with some slick post production -

the film gets darker with the plot until it is practically black and white!

Very enjoyable.

Comment

Anyone catch 'Tombsone' on the telly last night? Im not really much for westerns outside of Leone, however it was pretty fun (not one for the collection though) Russell is his usual badass self, but Val Kilmer as Doc Holiday was amazing i thought, loved his face off (in latin no less) with perenial where-are-they-now favourite Micheal Bein who was also pretty good although i kept expecting him to go Mwah, ha, ha! And start twirling his tache so evil was he as Johnny Ringo. It was a bit hokey at times but when Russell and posse set off on there rip roaring rampage of bloody revenge with a cry of 'tell them the law is coming and hell is coming with us' i was a whooping and a hollaring! Good fun.

Comment

Originally posted by SuperDanX View Post
                                with perenial where-are-they-now favourite Micheal Bein who was also pretty good although.
                                recently in Grindhouse and some of the fake trailers (Thanksgiving)

always thought Micheal Bhein deserved more because he is a great actor

Comment

Working...
                                X