Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yep, saw him in Planet Terror and he was great in that, he definatly hasnt had the career he should have, we all know how awesome he was in Terminator and Aliens. What happend? I dont know?

Comment

The Abyss...

Comment

Did you know.....

A shot of him as Kyle Reese in the movie The Terminator (1984) was reproduced as the cover-art of the video game Metal Gear (1987) (VG). Biehn was chosen as a model as he was then at the peak of his fame, and would be the ideal actor to play Metal Gear's protagonist Solid Snake had Metal Gear been an action movie.

Comment

Originally posted by spagmasterswift View Post
          The Abyss...
          he was excellent as Coffey

if you check his entry on IMDB he has never been of work

but he was a sandman in Logans run, might look out for him and Command and Conquer

great performances from Michael are:
          The Terminator
          The Abyss
          Aliens
          Navy Seals (crap but good)
          Tombstone
          The Rock
          Grindhouse

the fake trailer for Thanksgiving was great

Comment

I watched Talledega Nights as i got it preety cheap on bluray the other day. Its just as funny the 2nd time you watch it.

Comment

I've just watched Midnight Run starring Robert De Niro and Charles Grodin. Thought it was a very enjoyable action based road movie. Not in the same class as Planes, Trains or anything but still pretty good. Seeing De Niro attempt comedy is pretty odd but unsurprisingly he actually manages to pull it off (and still manages to look like the coolest mother****er you've ever seen ).

Comment

watched prom night last night

and it was kinda sucky

Comment

Just watched King Of Kong (Documentary on Donkey Kong Highest Scores), great documentary - I've been wanting to see this for ages.

Comment

300 BR - 3rd time seeing this now and I appreciate it more each time I watch it. First time I enjoyed it but it was abit of dodgy man love in their feeling. 2nd time good but I think I picked up on a few wtf scenes with experimental content (ie deformed characters and a goat or whatever the chuff it was playing an instrument) but now it feels like a great mythology film.

Going to watch Sin City on DVD tonight (chinese as its got both DTSES and uncut versions) and 16 films on BR have popped thru the door in last 3 mornings so once all 34 arrive a serious BR mont

Comment

watched a couple of sequels this afternoon

i love Lost boys and Starship troopers

Lost boys because its hip and one of the finest vampire movies ever with a spectacular soundtrack

Starship troopers just because its super awesome, everything about it is over the top and just ace and i like alot of Paul Vehoevens work

Lost boys 2
                      Well its just not very good, Corey feldman is back in it reprising his role as Edgar Frog and he still looks the same as he did in the original, but they've just went for gore ths time and the soundtrack isnt as good, loads of the same one liners in this sequel that appeared in the original, no vampire dies the same way......... overall just a mistake releasing it
                      but

watch half way through the ending credits by a visit/cameo by Sam (corey haim) who has changed alot since the original

Starship Troopers 3: Marauder
                      I havent seen the second one, but Casper Van Dien is back as Johnny Rico, Colonel Johnny rico and Jolene Blalock is in it as well, and she still looks stunning, but its just awful, even the tv presenter who says do you want to know more isnt the same and just not camp enough. Full of loads of the usual fare about hating bugs, wanting to squash bugs etc, but its just crap - even the special effects in places are pretty dodgy

Comment

buster, you make me laugh! You watch so many bad films!!

Comment

Originally posted by cutmymilk View Post
                          buster, you make me laugh! You watch so many bad films!!
                          you have too

every once and a while you will get to see something you've never heard of and it turns out to be a treat

like the cleaner for example

and i might be hard to please

Tonight i'm watching Doomsday and Never back down
                          Last edited by buster_broon; 19-07-2008, 18:44.

Comment

I watched The Keep on a horrible quality bootleg last night. If anyone doesn't know, it's a film with a troubled history. It's said that the author of the novel F Paul Wilson and director Michael Mann both hate it, for various reasons, so I'm assuming that's why the film still hasn't received an official DVD release. That, and the likelihood that Paramount couldn't give a **** about it. Though I did hear that F Paul Wilson did record a commentary track for a 25th anniversary DVD, which there's still no sign of.

Whatever the reasons for the delay, I hope the parties involved can get their issues sorted and get the DVD out there. It's far too good a film to be forgotten about. The cinematography, the production design and the score by Tangerine Dream are all gorgeous. They come together to give the film a dreamlike quality, and the story is absorbing stuff too. The whole concept of Nazis versus a demonic entity fascinates the hell out of me. The film isn't as heavy on the trippy, metaphysical stuff as the novel, and the FX look a bit dated now, but it's still a great film to get stoned to. Not that I would recommend such a thing. *cough*

Comment

watched:

Doomsday
                              more like escape from Glasgae, mix of Escape from New york and mad max, pretty decent movie

get smart's bruce and lloyd out of control
                              Get Smart is one of the movies i'm most looking forward to seeing and this was alright, Just hope the real big budget movie is much better

never back down
                              not that bad at all, loads of fights and some even had the camera in the perspective of one of the fighters face, which made it look as if you were getting smashed

stop loss
                              Actually quite a decent movie about US army soldiers being re-drafted back to Afganistan/Iraq, stars a girl called Abbie Cornish who looks like a young Charlize theron

Mutant chronicles
                              not bad either, shot like a graphic novel and it seems its based on a turn role playing card game, loads of big names and quite a good story
                              Last edited by buster_broon; 20-07-2008, 21:01.

Comment

Shame about Lost boys 2 and Troopers 3. Had feelings they would be bad (Troopers 2 was horrible) but I always pray small budget wins sometimes Ive got Troopers 1 to watch on BR. Seen it loads on dvd (it was my first ever DVD I bought when they came out with Replacement killers).

Watched
                                Sin City (Chinese SPED DVD) - Surprised I prefer 300 now over the two. Good film though and lovely DTS 6.1

Mission Impossible 2 (BR) - Meh. Got the boxset out to watch and its only the 2nd time IVe gone near em due to detesting 2 (1 for me with Palma is a great film and really enjoy 3). I never bought 2 on DVD as I saw it at the pics and thought it was pathetic especially the lets explain what expounged means for the idiots out their at the end. I decided last night to watch it first out of the 3 as I dont consider it a MI film and I gave up the will to watch any other film afterwards. Its terribly dated already, really poor quality HD as very blurry in places and the action scenes are out of a superheros dream. I can spot loads of wireplay on it and the bikes where just silly. I forgot how much of a turkey this was and I love John Woo films. I got the film out after put it in its box and shoved it in a cupboard so I wont go near it again. From now on MI boxset is 1 and 3 for me

Comment

Working...
                                X