This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by noobish hat View Post
    No, no, no, it's more like the corridor fight from Oldboy, with my laptop on a camera dolly, doing a tracking shot.
    Well ok, just as long as the conversation doesn't end with the same twist as Old Boy... I'm not sure I could take it if

I discovered PaTaito was actually my daughter.

Last edited by rmoxon; 17-09-2012, 17:14.

Comment

Thpoilerth!

Comment

Sorry, fixed.

Comment

Originally posted by rmoxon View Post
          Well ok, just as long as the conversation doesn't end with the same twist as Old Boy... I'm not sure I could take it if

I discovered PaTaito was actually my daughter.
          Not sure what you are going for with that one, but hey...

I guess that would make me like a dumb claudia winkleman.

Comment

Originally posted by PaTaito View Post
            I guess that would make me like a dumb claudia winkleman.
            Doesnt that just make you Claudia Winkleman?

Comment

Doesnt that just make you Claudia Winkleman?
              Yes, but extra dumb.

Comment

Can we just go back to Hunger Games for a minute? I forgot to mention the biggest plot hole in the entire film:

This guy's beard. Just.. what?!

Comment

Yeah ok, fair play, they should have definitely shown us the razor that allowed him to create that monstrosity. That was an area where the lack of explination didn't help.

Back on the actual thread topic I watched The Avengers on Blu Ray tonight, still amazing, it's one of those films that I could just watch once a week, I know its been said a billion times over by people already but it really is an amazing achievement for everyone involved and deserves to have made the ridiculous amounts of cash it has.

The blu ray is kind of crap on the extras front though, where's the commentary?

Comment

Bit of a splurge the last few nights. Kicked off with Hostel 2 and Hostel 3. 2 made me see the first film in a slightly better light and I enjoyed the way they expanded the scenario, plus the guy who plays the 'alpha male' of the two businessmen is the f*cking perfect-looking actor to play the role, he oozes that 'OCP bureaucrat' atmos that was so prevalent in the original Robocop. Hostel 3 is ****e, starts off feeling *very* low budget but kind of adequate (plus Scott 'Intruder' Spiegel as the director, I really like Intruder), sort of seems fun but degenerates into badly-scripted tedium and boredom, plus has some very shoddy-looking CGI cockroaches.

Then, watched Henry: Portrait Of A Serial Killer, which I've never seen before. Good film, I wasn't as impressed by it as many but found it curiously amusing in parts, particularly the bit with the dodgy TV salesman. THEN, rewatched Wild At Heart, it's still awesome ("we'll find it, they sew them things back on") and is Willem Dafoe's finest hour but I've probably seen it too many times over the years, would love to see it with fresh eyes.

Finally, Super, was hoping to love it but it mainly left me cold, despite there being a few good bits (the '

dropping a breezeblock from a height

' bit made me proper LOL). Disappointed by it, really, found it too messy and I hated the animated sequences, though it's probably one of those films that a select few will probably love.

Comment

It has no commentary? That's what i was looking forward to when it finally arrives from Sainsbury's.

Comment

Originally posted by SuperBeatBoy View Post
                        It has no commentary? That's what i was looking forward to when it finally arrives from Sainsbury's.
                        Nope, no commentary, in fact it hardly has any extras at all. There is a short film about some sheild Agents and some deleted scenes, and a few other peices that are probabaly fluff.

Guess they are planning on hitting us with a double dip sometime soon. Probabaly with the directors cut of the film once they have release it on the cinema to make more money.
                        Last edited by rmoxon; 18-09-2012, 10:42.

Comment

Nope, no commentary, in fact it hardly has any extras at all.
                          Bit of a poor excuse from Disney as to the lack of commentary too - they didn't receive it in time - although it's present on the US disc officially released next week :/

To compound the misery, the UK version has been slightly censored - 'tis only a brief second, but principles & all that.

Comment

i love my extras with films often i watch extras more then i watch the actual film

Kurt russell and john carpenter commentarys are excellent also a huge fan of guillermo del toro

Comment

Originally posted by eastyy View Post
                              i love my extras with films often i watch extras more then i watch the actual film

Kurt russell and john carpenter commentarys are excellent
                              I second that! I love Bey Logan's kung-fu commentaries too.

I saw a film that I'd recorded off Film 4 a few weeks back called Cypher, even though I knew nothing about it.

It's a science fiction thriller from 2002 starring Jeremy Northam and Lucy Liu. Northam plays a recently unemployed accountant that wants to start a career in corporate espionage rather than work for his father-in-law. The espionage company send him on various errands to spy on their competitors, but a chance meeting with Lucy Liu's character leads him down the rabbithole as she reveals not everything is as it seems!

Before long, you're not sure if Northam is an agent, double-agent or who he is at all. You've got to stay sharp to follow the twists and turns. There are a nice selection of futuristic paranoia ideas thrown about and they do well with the restricted budget with helicopters, secret bases and spy cameras by the end.

I'd probably have enjoyed it more if I'd have watched it in one go and followed a little more closely, but it was still a nice mix of images and storyline. If you like paranoid thrillers with a hint of sci-fi, this could be worth checking out.

Comment

Originally posted by QualityChimp View Post

I'd probably have enjoyed it more if I'd have watched it in one go and followed a little more closely,
                                hahahaha!

Comment

Working...
                                X