No announcement yet.

X-Men Origins: Wolverine

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Theres no explanation of Sabretooth between this and the first film. TBH, i thought the film wasn't bad at all.

Comment

Originally posted by bash View Post
      explaining the change in Sabretooth between this film and the first X film would be nice.
      I guess the studio just didn't want to use the wrestler that played him in X-Men.

Originally posted by bash View Post
      whats with this rumour of a Magneto prequel? FFS who gives a ****, I can only imagine its to do with his holocaust past that gives the studios its appeal.
      The Magneto prequel talk has been going on for at least a couple of years, if not longer. It might even have been before Wolverine was mentioned.

Comment

The theory is that the people that watch the workprint will see the cinema version to see it it's any better
        Originally posted by Dogg Thang View Post
        Well, y'all are a bunch of filthy pirates and I can't help think if this was a stolen beta of an upcoming game, attitudes might be slightly different, at least you'd be a little more discrete. But I didn't come here to judge. Nah, not at all.

This workprint story got interesting when one of Fox's own news sites reviewed the stolen workprint. The story about that is here, among other places - http://www.hitfix.com/posts/2009-4-3...aked-wolverine . That link also has a link to the actual (later pulled) review. I love how he says it's "much easier to understand than the Dark Knight". Did anyone not understand the Dark Knight? Perhaps small children, I don't know.

He goes on to say later that he had less trouble following the story than some other thing, like he usually comes out of movies completely baffled. It's rather amusing.

As for whether Fox leaked it, I would doubt that. If they have a potentially **** film on their hands, they're not going to want it out unfinished, even more ****. And, if the film is actually decent, yet has bad press (as this does), they're not going to want an unfinished print proving those people right before the film is seen as it is meant to be seen.

But who knows. If their reviewer is anything to go by, plain old rational thought doesn't seem to be a requirement for their employees.

Comment

Originally posted by MJ View Post

The Magneto prequel talk has been going on for at least a couple of years, if not longer. It might even have been before Wolverine was mentioned.
          I know, I actually heard of the Magento Prequel before I heard of the wolvie prequel but I thought it had died out. I really hope this movie flops big time so we dont get anymore crap marvel related films coming out of fox studios. They really do seem to make generic crap in an effort to get everyone and his mum paying money to watch their films.

Marvel Studios Ironman and Hulk proved that you can stay true to the source and have great casting whilst telling a good story that follows into high revenue movies.

Also I assumed something happens to Victor Creed in order for him to appear in his more bestial form in X1. I dont think hes referred to as Sabretooth until X1 anyway but I could be wrong.
          Last edited by bash; 05-04-2009, 14:27.

Comment

I thought the Incredible Hulk was complete arse. The acting and dialogue is proper pish innit.

Comment

Originally posted by Zero9X View Post
              I thought the Incredible Hulk was complete arse. The acting and dialogue is proper pish innit.
              to be honest I didnt like hulk that much either but I'd bet it was better received than Wolvie will be.

Comment

Shiver me timbers yarrrrrrr

Just watched it and i enjoyed it, like i mentioned earlier on - remove brain and enjoy

i will go and see it to see how it looks in its finished form

1 thing made me laugh, when Wolverine is fighting the blob in the boxing ring, Ghost or whatever his name puts a bottle of beer down and the label is a little to the side

he promptly straightens it up so you can see the full name - damn product placement

another thing, the ending credits belong to Xmen 3, unsure how that happened

Comment

because it's unfinished edit

Comment

Originally posted by EvilBoris View Post
                    because it's unfinished edit
                    For Xmen 3, even if its an unfinished edit, why have the credits for Xmen 3?

unless they just cut and paste credits

Comment

It's this lovely mish-mash of things - Transformers music, X3 ending credits - that makes it so great!

Comment

yeah if they haven't even produced the credits yet, I imagine having a working set of credits just so they can watch the nearly finished film in it's entirity is handy.

Comment

I wonder if it was also to do with the scene after the credits? Maybe see how many people upped and left before the credits were up

Comment

Technically it is still a scene so I'm guessing that they want to see how plain credits will feel with the music that was present.

Comment

Originally posted by Dogg Thang View Post
                              This workprint story got interesting when one of Fox's own news sites reviewed the stolen workprint.
                              The reviewer has now parted ways with Fox: http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/entertainment/7987136.stm

Comment

I'm a dirty pirate when it comes to some movies but I can't see the point of watching something incomplete.

Comment

Working...
                                X