Fist of the North Star gubbins

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Zero9X View Post

Opening from the last PSX game. Which is awesome btw, a scrolling beat-em-up thats acually really good. The opening is all in realtime. I still own this game, one of the few good anime games.
    That...was so FuHKInAWESOME!!!

Comment

Originally posted by NeoStuey View Post
      I think I'll watch the movie again at the weekend
      Was it this version from Korea that you were going to watch?!

The beards! Th..th..the beards! Th...the wigs! The "special" "effects"!

Here's another clip from the PSX game. I think it's a bonus game where you've got to cane 100 spawning badguys.

Comment

Originally posted by QualityChimp View Post
        Was it this version from Korea that you were going to watch?!

The beards! Th..th..the beards! Th...the wigs! The "special" "effects"!
        Haha , no, I meant the anime however after reading MattyD's comments about the series, I've decided to start watching that instead, only 152 episodes. Still the first episode was a great watch and it was interesting to see scenes that were reused in the movie in their original context.

Oh dear, who bought up the last copy, , ah the memories.

Comment

For all your hokuto needs go to www.heartofmadness.com

Animeskyscraper started releasing episode by episode in fully translated glory some 5 years and was then continued by this site.

Finally episode 152 has been released after all these years.

Its the first time they ve been fully translated and translated well into english.

As someone mentioned earlier on you can buy cheap chinese dvds off ebay but the translation is terrible.

I should know - my friend couldnt resist and dropped ?75 on the set a few years back and told me he didnt have a clue what was goin on in the script

So i bided my time watching ep by ep as it was released online

Favourite anime of all time

Comment

"You're already broke"

"EEEEAAAAUUUUUAAAAHHHH"

Comment

Originally posted by QualityChimp View Post
              Last Battle is universally hated!
              It is? I quite like it myself even though it is cut to ribbons, but i never had any idea at the time.

Comment

Just won this on eBay!

Thanks to Zero9x showcasing the PS1 game (and also because I could bear to part with my Densha games), my PS2 is staying put.

Comment

Nice find mate, took me awhile to find my one.

Comment

Good work, Stuey!

You gonna post some clips of somebody playing it properly now? It really reminds me of Wu-Tang: Taste The Pain with the chunky characters.

Check out this ace shirt!

Comment

Fist of North Star movie is being released on DVD in the US. It will include Japanese with English Subtitles & the original English dub (as seen on the Manga VHS release).

It will be remastered and include deleted scenes.

It's coming out on 15/05/09, i will post the DVD Pacific link when it's included in the site.

Here is the official trailer for you all to watch - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Atd2r-j10PY

Comment

Boo!

DVD?!?! After the Akira Blu ray lovliness I've been reading on the net Im really disappointed about this!

Comment

YAY

I can finally replace my VERY tired VHS copy now

seeing it re-released in High Def glory would be lovely but as it stands I'm happy as a pig in poop with just a DVD release.

Neil

Comment

Hopefully it'll contain the original Japanese ending where Kenshiro and Raoh actually draw their fight, instead of the westernized edit where it's implied that Raoh defeats Kenshiro.

Comment

Incidentally, if you want to see a recentish anime that's incredibly close in style to FotNS, check out the Highlander anime. It was actually better than I was expected (not amazing but not as awful as it could've been).

Comment

Originally posted by Nu-Eclipse View Post
                                Hopefully it'll contain the original Japanese ending where Kenshiro and Raoh actually draw their fight, instead of the westernized edit where it's implied that Raoh defeats Kenshiro.
                                I can confirm it has both endings.

It's also HD remaster, just the format is on dvd, not blu-ray so you don't get the full benefits. An eventual Blu-Ray release is very unlikely considering the obscurity of this film.

Comment

Working...
                                X