No announcement yet.

The Simpsons :Channel 4

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

FOX has announced that it plans to do a three-minute live segment of “The Simpsons” for its May 15th episode. The character of Homer Simpson, voiced by Dan Castellaneta, will take fan questions during the episode where he’ll discuss topical subjects. The segment will air live on both the East and West Coast broadcasts. Showrunner […]

The Simpsons upcoming May 15th episode will contain a 3 minute live section in which Homer answers topical questions submitted to the studio. Fox will use motion capture technology to animate the character as the voice actor acts out answering the questions and it will render live on air, effectively meaning the show could take questions via live phone in also. Whether it's amusing or not, would be impressive to see if it works out for them.

Comment

Originally posted by JazzFunk View Post
      Just how bad has it got?

Have not watched an episode since the Gervais debacle, saw the movie and maybe laughed once.
      What's more shocking is the number of writers who worked on the movie.

Comment

Man of the House Late night talkshow host Jimmy Kimmel is joining the ABC comedy pilot “Man of the House”. Alyson Hannigan and Leslie Bibb star as dissimilar divorced sisters who move in together to raise their children. Kimmel is lending his voice as the off-camera narrator – a grown version of the character Bradley […]

Last night, with its 636th episode, Simpsons became the longest running scripted primetime series in the US overtaking Gunsmoke

Comment

We finally get some insight on the future of the show thanks to the merger with Disney. Fox have said they are pushing hard to keep the show running on their own network following the merger and have multiple years of storylines already prepping for the show. Whilst that wouldn't be big on its own the key part is the confirmation that the upcoming Season 30 will not be the final season with presumably 31, 32 and 33 forming those plans.

This discussion came up because whilst Simpsons will be owned by Disney, the channel it airs on won't be part of the merger meaning a bespoke deal will have to be agreed to keep it on air on its thirty ear home alongside the other animated shows Fox currently airs such as Family Guy. One of the breakdowns highlights how Modern Family is made for Disney's ABC channel yet is owned and made by Fox showing such deals already exist.

Comment

Despite Simpsons creator Matt Groening saying that those upset about the show’s stereotypical depiction of Indian convenience store owner Apu Nahasapeemapetilon “love to pretend to be offended,” it appears the long-running animated might be axing the character. This news comes from producer and filmmaker Adi Shankar…

A rumour that after three decades the show will quietly mothball Apu

Comment

Originally posted by Superman Falls View Post
              https://news.avclub.com/the-simpsons...oid-1830027109

A rumour that after three decades the show will quietly mothball Apu
              What the hell is wrong with the world? Apu is NOT offensive at all. I guess anyone doing any type of accent now is an automatic racist.

Comment

White people don’t get to decide what is offensive to Indian people. I understand it. Having a white person voice a stereotype of a person marginalised in that society does seem kind of off when pointed out. The character of Apu has been there decades and it felt a lot to ask to fire the guy because the world has changed around the show rather than just letting the show run its course. And while I am all about of people making their voices heard, sometimes the answer is no and that’s what it seemed to be here. But if this report is true (feels like a big if given the source), the push for better hasn’t really helped. Like that Scarlet Johansson film recently, getting her off it didn’t allow someone to step in to represent in a more authentic way - it got the film canned altogether. So there is a point at which the will for better can be self-defeating.

But whatever about all that, the bottom line is that I don’t get to decide what is offensive to an Indian person. I’m more amazed that The Simpsons is still going after all these years.

Edit: due to one US presenter and Halloween, there has been quite a bit of discussion on blackface, which admittedly I didn’t know much about historically (it’s very tied to American culture rather than ours, I guess). But considering this in that context, I think it’s also important to realise that this being an American show has bearing on this too. It is a different lens with which racism is viewed (and it sometimes bugs me that global racism is viewed through that lens in spite of our individual histories not being American history) and is definitely relevant to Apu as a character. He’s animated blackface, even if there was no ill intention.
                Last edited by Dogg Thang; 27-10-2018, 07:53.

Comment

All I can say is the next time some white guy, black guy, Indian guy or who the **** ever does a scouse accent and portray all of us as track suit wearing dicks then I should shout out racism I guess. Well, if I was American maybe.

Comment

Yes, because scousers have a history of oppression and marginalisation in white-dominated western societies. Guessing you’re joking but the joke is exactly the stance some white people take, missing that their experiences and histories do not in any way match those of people of colour.

Comment

Certainly worth watching the documentary about Apu to see just how much it has affected people and their opinions about the simpsons because of it.

Comment

Originally posted by Yakumo View Post
                        All I can say is the next time some white guy, black guy, Indian guy or who the **** ever does a scouse accent and portray all of us as track suit wearing dicks then I should shout out racism I guess. Well, if I was American maybe.
                        Spot on. I bet it also means a end to Grounds Keeper Willie, Luigi Risotto and Bumblebee man too, in this age of PC nonsense.

Arrivederci!!!

Comment

Like this guy?

Comment

Originally posted by Cassius_Smoke View Post
                            More like these...

Comment

Originally posted by Team Andromeda View Post
                              More like these...

Hehe, they still make me laugh.

Comment

Hehe, they still make me laugh.
                                Yeah that's the idea in a comedy, which seems to be lost on the political correctness brigade. Still we live in a age where Ann Robinson was be reported to the Police, for so-called Racist Comments against the Welsh on the Weakest Link.

These people and do-gooder need to get a life and a grip. Still given the Simpsons is so bad these these days, maybe it should be taken off the air altogether.

Comment

Working...
                                X