Friday the 13th (remake)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by buster_broon View Post
    intelligence has never been a factor since he is meant to have the intellect of teh child that drowned at camp crystal lake

all the kills in previous movies show he has the mind of a child and just kills at wim with no remorse

but even in teh original (i havent saw the remake yet) he waited under a bed for Kevin Bacon to finish sechsey time before ramming an arrow through his throat

so intelligence - no, cunning and desire to kill - certainly

I'm a fan of teh Bay remakes - they have all been pretty watchable

he turned the awfullness thats Chainsaw massacre into something watchable
    I hated the Texac Chainsaw Massacre remake, like most modern day slasher films it was mean spirited and lacking any real fun.

This new Friday The 13th is very oldschool in its sensibilities and is much more fun IMO.

Oh yeah, and Jason wasnt the killer in the original, so he didnt wait under a bed to kill anyone.
    Last edited by rmoxon; 17-02-2009, 11:38.

Comment

Originally posted by rmoxon View Post
      Oh yeah, and Jason wasnt the killer in the original, so he didnt wait under a bed to kill anyone.
      yeah you are right forgot about Pamela - nice edit

but Bay for me had put some new life in movies that were okay and make a film decent when it was absolutely ****e (texas)

Comment

Originally posted by buster_broon View Post
        yeah you are right forgot about Pamela - nice edit

but Bay for me had put some new life in movies that were okay and make a film decent when it was absolutely ****e (texas)
        Well personaly i feel the original texas Chainsaw massacre is a classic of the genre, and find both its atmosphere and the fact that the killings have more than an air of nonchalance about them make for an increadabley riviting film.

The remake had none of the above and didnt shock at all. Instead it just left a foul taste in my mouth as it was an all round unpleasent experience that i didnt feel was exciting in the slightest.

Comment

Well personaly i feel the original texas Chainsaw massacre is a classic of the genre, and find both its atmosphere and the fact that the killings have more than an air of nonchalance about them make for an increadabley riviting film.
          its possibly the most dreadful movie ever made, well maybe except spookies

different strokes for different folks i guess

Comment

Aw shucks, this brought tears to my eyes.

http://uk.movies.ign.com/dor/objects...er_021209.html

Comment

aha - just watched part 3 (in 3d i may add - lovely 80s 3d)

Originally posted by buster_broon
              but even in teh 3rd one (i havent saw the remake yet) he waited under a hammock for a girl before ramming a machete through her throat
              aha proven, victory is mine

Comment

Just watched this on Sky. It was surprisingly watchable and I enjoyed it. It respected the heritage of the series, and done something a bit different.

Yes, the Jason wasn't just a "tank" this time around, but I liked the whole survival expert/wild man thing. Kind of like an evil Ray Mears.

3.5 skulls out of 5.

Comment

I watched it awhile back. Thought it was horrid, rediculously boring and possibly the worst one in the franchise.

Comment

I liked it......

Comment

Working...
                    X