No announcement yet.

Total Wipeout - UKs Version of Takeshi's Castle? With Hammond

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wtf is going on in the first pic? It looks like he's been impaled. What is that blue spikey thing???

Comment

Originally posted by Sixty View Post
      Wtf is going on in the first pic? It looks like he's been impaled. What is that blue spikey thing???
      its a new part of the course called the hurdles, it just seems to smash folk around

the slide on the wipeout course is now gone and there is a catapault in its place, the new course is ace

Comment

For god's sake BBC - get It's A Knockout/Jeux Sans Frontières going again. Bring it up to date with some crappy celeb panel/public voting thing for the regional rounds and then send the winning team up against Mr. Mainland Europe in a giant penguin costume. Maybe even incorporate Eurovision into it so each team has a mascot song that can be voted for on the night with points added to the team's total. Wipeout is just appalling.

Comment

Originally posted by Wil View Post
          Wipeout is just appalling.
          its a knockout is dire - there i said it

dont cross the streams

new catapault

Comment

Forgot to mention that the 'Sweeper' is now called the Gyro sweeper

basically the sweeper moves as normal, but the arm itself moves on a gyro which means because it moves up and down, you can duck under it as well as jump over it

why isnt Mr Hollis watching this?

Comment

Is this doing badly in the ratings? I assume it is from the way they've moved it around in the schedules. Once you've seen it once that's all you need to know. Plus it also attracts the type of no-hopers who audition for BB/Britain's Got Talent, et al.

Comment

Originally posted by StuM82 View Post
                Is this doing badly in the ratings? I assume it is from the way they've moved it around in the schedules. Once you've seen it once that's all you need to know. Plus it also attracts the type of no-hopers who audition for BB/Britain's Got Talent, et al.
                somebody getting bashed in the face is always fresh

in episode 2 the whole course was different including the sweeper and the wipeout course

they might be doing that to beef up the ratings

Comment

Still, it's no hole in the wall is it? *ducks*

Comment

I've watched Total Wipeout and it's not a patch on Takeshi's Castle. I don't know what it is but I really don't like it, it could be the obstacles are not as good or the fact that I actually want the contestants to get hurt.

You can't beat the combo of Craig Charles and Takeshi's Castle, I really wish they would bring that back instead of showing the same 20 year old re-runs, even if I watch them again and again and laugh like its the first time.

I'm also a fan of Ninja Warrior and Unbeatable Banzuke, both great shows where the contestants require immense talent and skill, something sorely lacking in every reality tv show today.

Comment

The Takeshi's Castle people did a one off special a few years ago for the twentieth anniversary of the show. I've never seen it though
                      I did hope it would be the start of a return but seemingly alas not.

Comment

as i mentioned before this show isnt a takeshis castle, not anywhere near it

its more like its a knockout

Comment

Working...
                        X