Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Expendables- BEST ACTION MOVIE EVAH!!?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Went to see this last night. Loved it. Seriously loved it. Best to take it at face value and not bother looking for any kind of hidden depth or secret meaning. Can't wait to watch it again.

Comment

Originally posted by ChrisField View Post
      Went to see this last night. Loved it. Seriously loved it. Best to take it at face value and not bother looking for any kind of hidden depth or secret meaning. Can't wait to watch it again.
      Secret meaning? Lol.

Comment

Just finished watching this and really enjoyed it. Loved the bit with Willis, Arnie & Sly -

'He wants to be president'

So many over the top explosions and the headshot near the end was quite cool. Just watch it for what it is, a quality action flick.

Would have been even better if it wasn't a dodgy cam job I watched.

Comment

This is the worst film I've ever seen at the cinema.

Comment

They could so with cutting out the story all together, it really dipped horrendously in places, the last 20 minutes were just noise I thought my head was going to explode like that old episode of the Simpsons where they parody the THX intro...AWESOME! Dolph Lungren is THE best thing in that film
            And yeah, the editing and general pacing was a bloody joke, but hell, did anyone really expect much else!? Look at the bugger who directed it
            3DS FC (updated 2015): 0447-8108-3129

Comment

Watched this the other day, thought it was ok. My only complaints was there wasnt really enough action heros in it. I wanted to see Vin diesel, Van dam, seagal, all of them...lol. They should have worked a big scrap into it with bruce, stallone and arnie :P...kind of lame the ammount of time they were in it. That scene was a bit of an anticlimax.

Anyway, the best bit in it was the bit on the pier, which was amazing, best bit i've seen in a action film for a long time.

Has anyone counted how many explosions there were in this film, I think it has to be a world record.

Comment

Originally posted by SUMIRE View Post
                Watched this the other day, thought it was ok. My only complaints was there wasnt really enough action heros in it. I wanted to see Vin diesel, Van dam, seagal, all of them...lol. They should have worked a big scrap into it with bruce, stallone and arnie :P...kind of lame the ammount of time they were in it. That scene was a bit of an anticlimax.

Anyway, the best bit in it was the bit on the pier, which was amazing, best bit i've seen in a action film for a long time.

Has anyone counted how many explosions there were in this film, I think it has to be a world record.
                Yeah, I would imagine the main reason there were not more big action stars in it is becuase Stallone had already spent most of the budget on dynamite before production began.

Comment

Originally posted by dataDave View Post
                  This is the worst film I've ever seen at the cinema.
                  There's always one

Comment

Wowwwwww just watched this. Absolute top quality action film!!! Loved it. Bring on Expendables 2!

Comment

It was ok. I enjoyed Death Race 2 more! That's a proper '80s' action movie.

Comment

I got it for Xmas. Was alright.
                        Felt like a serious version of Tropic Thunder, if u know what I mean.
                        Tiny cameos from Willis & Arnie, altho with Arnie it might be because he had to keep a positive image thing going as he was gov of Cali at the time, but now he's stepping down he may get a proper part if they make a Exp 2. Lets hope so!!
                        Lundgren looks like he's had some kind of stroke as 1 side of his face has dropped.

I love seeing plenty of blood n guts flying everywhere, but cant believe it was only rated a 15 cert, seeing as it had just as much gore as Rambo, which was an 18.

My vote for best action film goes to.................A Serbian Film!!

..................only kidding!!

Comment

Watching this for the third time, I love it. It's a proper old school action flick. I laugh in the face of those who dismiss it. I say to the critics, your father was a goat, and your mother smelled of elderberrys. Now go, or I shall mock you for a second time.

Comment

I saw it a few months back, thought the fights were filmed completely wrong, too many close-ups and too much needless camera movement.

Jet Li was completely wasted.

Was still a decent watch though, but I probably preferred The A-Team.

Comment

Working...
                            X