No announcement yet.

Recommend me some Anime

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Never buy anime from ebay. It's all HK bootlegs. Buy from amazon or play instead.

Wings of honneamise isn't available on UK DVD iirc (the VHS version was cut too).

Comment

Originally posted by Zapp$ter View Post
      First post in our big fansub anime thread has some useful info and recommendations, although it's not been updated in a long time.
      Dododo >.>

.... maybe one day this week, im off work this week.

Comment

Originally posted by abigsmurf View Post
        Never buy anime from ebay. It's all HK bootlegs. Buy from amazon or play instead.

Wings of honneamise isn't available on UK DVD iirc (the VHS version was cut too).
        It is, it called "Royal Space Force"

Comment

I second Initial D. Best tv show ever! (as long as it's the japanese audio version)

Comment

Chobits might be fun if watching it the wifey.
            Gunslinger girl is lovely..I didn't want it to end..I wanted it to be delved into deeper, but its good whilst it lasts.

Watched all 13 episodes of FMA + film and I think that is a bit special.

Noir has the best opening theme ever!

Comment

13 eps of FMA? Full metal Alchmist right...

Comment

13 Volumes i think he meant. I should know, he sold them to me.

New re-telling of FMA is coming soon too.

Comment

Originally posted by Tobal View Post
                  It is, it called "Royal Space Force"
                  Pretty certain Manga never released it in the UK under either title on DVD, it was VHS only as mentioned earlier (as Wings of Honneamise, not Royal Space Force). I don't think they own the distribution rights anymore.

Comment

I have the dvd in my hands, works on my pal xbox360.

Comment

An official UK release?
                      That's pretty interesting...I've got a couple of different PAL versions of it, but one is a bootleg (of the french DVD I think) and one is Australian.

Comment

Sorry..meant 13 volumes! 52 episodes...or something like that XD

Comment

Originally posted by ShadowDancer View Post
                          Gunslinger girl is lovely..I didn't want it to end..I wanted it to be delved into deeper, but its good whilst it lasts.
                          There's a second series, but it's animated by a different company and it just seems to lack something compared to the first.

Comment

Originally posted by Zero9X View Post
                            13 Volumes i think he meant. I should know, he sold them to me.

New re-telling of FMA is coming soon too.
                            there is a couple of clips starting to hit the interweb now

looks like it starts on the 4th/5th of April

Comment

Some more recommendations for you...

Gunslinger Girl - Awesome series about genetically modified orphan girls who become trained Hit-Girls

Gantz - OTT blood, Gore & boobies but it's brilliant.

Elfein Leid - again OTT Blood & Gore, but a great story & it has possibly the most uncomfortable scene I've ever witnessed in Anime in it.

Gundam Wing - Best Mecha series IMO, some great characters & fast paced action orienated story

Witch Hunter Robin - good animation & great story about a group out to stop Witches (pretty sure it inspired Buffy )

3x3 Eye's - Possibly my best OVA ever, simply amazing & one of my only remaining Manga Videos from back in the day (Sold the others)

Gatchaman OVA - Region 1 only 3 parter retelling the story of Battle of the Planets.

Death Note - Another vote here for the best Anime of the last few years.

Appleseed: Ex Machina - John Woo directed CGI movie that is simply gorgeous (especially in High Def/Blur-Ray) story is good but it's more about the eye candy with this one.

Thats all off the top of my head.

Neil

Comment

Originally posted by Soundwave View Post
                                Appleseed: Ex Machina - John Woo directed CGI movie that is simply gorgeous (especially in High Def/Blur-Ray) story is good but it's more about the eye candy with this one.
                                i've never liked the Appleseed stuff, i love mech - just not that, just find it incredibly boring

I really only enjoy stuff that is around 20 episodes a series, Alchemist is an exception so i dont watch stuff like Bleach or Naruto

stuff that i've enjoyed (storylines simplified) and in order of preference:

Full metal Alchemist is my favourite anime, just outstanding all the way through

Samurai Champloo - feudal japan, sword fights and hip hop

Trigun - excellent about vash the stampede

Full metal panic - mech based stuff but excellent

Full metal Panic: TSR - mech based stuff but excellent

Gundam - anything really is pretty good, only really watched Seed, Destiny, 00 and 00 season 2. love it all

Code Geass - both series are very good if not totally predictable

Cowboy Bebop - movie and series are both good

Black cat - usual action, comedy and rumbling bellys based around a special band of assassins

Hajime no ippo - the new challengers - this is brand new and its excellent, there was an original series but i havent watched that

Spice and wolf - just a lovely story about a wolf god and a trader

Rosario and vampire- both seasons were excellent

Ninja Scroll - movie and tv show are both superb

Gunslinger Girl - is good, 1 season is excellent, but found Il Teatrino (Season 2) to be pretty boring

Full metal panic: fumoffu - spin off series about the school life of teh characters

Wolfs rain - excellent story about wolfs who pose as humans

Strike witches - pantie fan service about little witches - i quited enjoyed it

Samurai Seven - i thought this was good, but not liked by all

slayers revolution - about a person called Lina inverse, funny with tons of action

Blade of teh immortal - quite tough going, but very good otherwise

I've still got tons of stuff i havent watched that i've bought from Movietyme, download alot of stuff through fan service and make donations where i can, but if i love it i will try and buy it

just gutted that there isnt a decent set of Alchemist available - there is one due soon in Japan on blu ray but its almost $500 us on play-asia

Comment

Working...
                                X