• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Geldoff? Irish deadbeat.

Comment

Originally posted by Tommy Verceti View Post
      Called him a w@nker apparently:

Pot Kettle Black dont u think?
      No, he is bang on the money with that one.

Comment

Originally posted by Dogg Thang View Post
        Racist? He is Irish, isn't he?
        Would the word 'deadbeat' alone not have been suffice?

If I called Dwayne Chambers a black idiot for taking drugs (or Matt Stevens a white idiot), I couldn't really complain if people took umbrage to it.

In the context of this thread, his nationality is irrelevant so why mention it?

Comment

I only said Irish as it rolls off the tongue better than just "stupid deadbeat" I thought.

I could have said drunk, but then I'd be accused of being racist again, as if to suggest that all Irish men are drunkards.

Comment

I believe Irish deadbeat is more tautology than racist.

Comment

Originally posted by merf View Post
              I believe Irish deadbeat is more tautology than racist.
              Meaning Irish and deadbeat are the same thing?

Comment

They are when we're talking about Bono or Geldoff.

Comment

Does Bono not do any good at all? ... From the anger towards him in this thread - I'd imagine he's a nasty piece of work?

Anyway, I don't like his music. Like Coldplay, his tunes are always "Meh" ... Just boring with no real soul.

Obviously, some people like U2. In fact a lot do. I just don't like their style - or Coldplay's.

Comment

Originally posted by Howiee View Post

In the context of this thread, his nationality is irrelevant so why mention it?

Exactly.

Comment

Seriously? Irish deadbeat? Yeah super racist -.-

Comment

Odd how the Irish thing took over, yet the idea of Bono being a deadbeat or needing to 'get a life' when the man has done more with his life than most here is barely challenged. And Fallows' gay comment goes unnoticed because he threw in a 'no offense' after it. Must be English guilt kicking in.

Comment

Its true, this whole thread is a load of bull tbh. It seems to have been created for people to vent how much they hate Bono and or Chris Martins.

Im not a fan of either but to use terms like prick, Irish deadbeat and gay just sems over the top to say the least. Especially when no one can back it up with exactly what it is that they've supposed to have done thats so bad?

Maybe its because they're rich and successful? Maybe something else?

Comment

Originally posted by Leon Ahoy! View Post
                            Does Bono not do any good at all? ... From the anger towards him in this thread - I'd imagine he's a nasty piece of work?
                            As the southpark ep said. He does huge amounts of charity work but no matter what good stuff he does, it won't change the fact he's a giant turd. He just comes of as smug, full of himself and a bit hypocritical.

In the case of Geldof, his work (with liveaid) actually did do serious harm. Money went to tinpot dictators to spend on weapons which were used against their own citizens. Aid food given was taken by the governments then sold to the people it was meant for. Not only ripping them off but undercutting and ruining real farmers. It actually made the situation worse.

Comment

Originally posted by Daragon View Post
                              Just read that the BBC have issued an apology due to the whole wanker thing, personally speaking I think it's terrible that the apology didn't come from Bono.
                              I know its pathetic really, & it just gives the impression that Bono saw nothing wrong in saying something he shouldnt have on air. I guess that when u think you're 'the 2nd coming' u can do whatever u like LOL.

Originally posted by averybluemonkey View Post
                              The reason I hate him is that nothing he does is actually for the people he is supporting. His motivation is always about Bono, his image and what people think of him. Feel the same way about that hypocrite Geldoff.
                              Yeah as usual these things tend to happen when theres a book to be plugged or an album to be released or film or whatever. Coincidence? No, just another bit of good publicity for them.

And yes Bono has achieved a lot in his life compared to most ppl, but how has he been able to achieve this? - ££££££££&# 163;£££££££&#16 3;£££'s.

What I also object to is these celebs asking for OUR money when they've got millions lying in the bank doing sweet FA.
                              "Wow!, so your doing this concert/advert/charity event for free? You're giving your spare time up for free?! Thats SO good of you". Put your hand in your f*cking pocket & give a few million away becuase u wont know its even gone.

If every film/music/sports celeb gave just a million £'s of their dissposable money away to charity each yr we could solve the worlds problems a lot sooner.

So he's appeared on he Simpsons, along with Tony B.Liar, N. Sync, Tony Hawk, Britney Spears, Hugh Heffner..............need I add anymore ar5eholes to the list?

Comment

Originally posted by abigsmurf View Post
                                As the southpark ep said. He does huge amounts of charity work but no matter what good stuff he does, it won't change the fact he's a giant turd. He just comes of as smug, full of himself and a bit hypocritical.

In the case of Geldof, his work (with liveaid) actually did do serious harm. Money went to tinpot dictators to spend on weapons which were used against their own citizens. Aid food given was taken by the governments then sold to the people it was meant for. Not only ripping them off but undercutting and ruining real farmers. It actually made the situation worse.
                                Everyone is entitled to their opinion but I cannot see how he's a hypocrite. The worst you could say is that he's misguided. I have cringed at a few of his actions but I don't think that I could ever doubt his sincerity.

It's very easy to pick holes through people and events while typing on a web forum but in the real world Geldolf and Bono tried to bring about change; history will judge them in the end but I think it's safe to say that the world was slightly better off for Live Aid and Live 8 happening.

The hatred and name calling in this thread confuses me no end.

Comment

Working...
                                X