No announcement yet.

Stewart Lee's Comedy Vehicle

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Who can forget the Gaping Anus of Christ, just saying that makes me laugh still to this day!
    The sheer way he tells the death of princess diana joke/story has to be seen and the Joe Pasquale one too about him stealing jokes then making a joke Joe Pasquale will never be able to steal.

Comment

I think they should cut the stupid sketch bits, they feel tacked on like a bit of an afterthought. Can't argue with the stand up bit.

Comment

Super bump, but new series on in 10 mins on bbc 2. Stupid time to put it on if you ask me!

Comment

^****! Didn't even know he'd got a second series!! Will iPlayer it shortly.

PS: This bit (not from SLCV) always makes me chuckle:

Excerpt from a Stewart Lee set as broadcast on Paramount Comedy Edinburgh and Beyond in 2006. GO AND BUY HIS DVD www.gofasterstripe.com
          Last edited by JazzFunk; 04-05-2011, 22:55.

Comment

god damnit, too late for me, I'll have to watch it on iplayer also.

Comment

Ridiculous time, they may as well have just not recommissioned it. Still hate the sketch bits. Was a good one last night though.

Comment

The Godzilla bit made me literally LOL!

I love his humour, always have but i can totally understand why some people wouldn't get it.

Comment

Gonna watch this soon.
                  In Stewart Lee related news I just found out today Fist of Fun Series 1 is getting a DVD release this christmas (FINALLY), seriously cannot wait.

Comment

Wow, Fist of Fun on DVD? Crikey, wish fulfilled! :-D

Is this repeated anywhere, had no idea it was getting another series and saw no advertisement for it!

Comment

Hurrah. Worth the license fee alone. The greatest living stand up IMO.

Comment

Putting it on at 11:20 PM is a crappy time though, it's like BBC2 is trying to make it fail :/

Comment

It's all about the iplayer nowadays! I loved the little godzilla bits inbetween, you could tell it was directed by Tim Kirkby, who also directed Look around you

Comment

Recent convert to the Stuart Lee way. Someone put his '40th best stand up' on at my old work and I loved it.

Missed out on the first series of SLCV but saw this series' first episode about crisps. His delivery is spot-on:

"There are many different flavours of crisps..."

*big pause, people starting to giggle in anticipation of a long list of flavours*

"Plain... all sorts of different flavours"

Comment

Second episode was good but sagged a bit towards the end with its repetition of a piece of material not really funny enough to drag out for that long, though loved the bit about "Paddy McGuinness and his joke", and the Ironik bit at the start (like the way Lee just names names*). Glad they've cut down the 'sketches', I massively prefer the little chats between Lee and Armando Iannucci.

*Like with this tirade against Top Gear and Richard Hammond in particular:

Enjoy the videos and music that you love, upload original content and share it all with friends, family and the world on YouTube.

Comment

Originally posted by FSW View Post
                                The greatest living stand up IMO.
                                He is the master. Another great episode this week. I'd seen the 'countryside' stuff live but it was still good to see it again; the conversation with the estate agent was brilliant.

Comment

Working...
                                X