No announcement yet.

Roger Moore as James Bond, plus OHMSS

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Of course Roger Moore is best, even his name is double entendre FFS!

Comment

Originally posted by Brats View Post
      Live and Let Die and The Man with the Golden Gun are great films imo. That's not just nostalgia, the deep south and Carribean seventies settings make the films.

I've also got a soft spot for The Spy Who Loved Me and Moonraker. The last three (For Your Eyes Only, Octopussy and A View to a Kill) are pretty rubbish though and are only really watchable in that 'had too much to eat and fall asleep on the sofa on a bank holiday afternoon' kind of way.

OHMSS is great, but completely unlike any other Bond film. George Lazenby is all wrong, but Telly Savalas and Diana Rigg are aces.

For Your Eyes Only is for me easily the best Bond film Moore made by quite some margin. It showed he could be a serious Bond and had some great moments where Bond was completely ruthless, the bit where he kicks the bad guys car off the cliff is still one of my favourite moments in any Bond film. The look of contempt on his face when he does it is ace after throwing the dove pin at him in the car.

Unfortunately after making it he didn't like doing that type of Bond and went back to the more tongue in cheek style which saddened me but were still fun.

OHMSS is another very underrated film. Lazeny wasn't that bad either, he's definitely the weak link but I do think he would have improved if he had done another film.

It annoyed me that Diamonds Are Forever followed OHMSS with the attitude it did as I always felt it should have been a darker film than what it was. It's an enjoyable but the death of Bonds wife is always treated as something that completely devastated him in the series and it just never felt that way watching Diamonds...
      Last edited by mr_woo; 17-04-2009, 16:37.

Comment

Roger Moore is class as James Bond... Reminds me of a 70's/80's version of hoff!
        So cheesy and funny and always gets his shag in the end.
        P.S. I'd love to shag floating in space as he did in Moonraker!

Comment

Roger Moore is my fave Bond & Live and Let Die my fave Bond film, For Your Eyes Only is also fantactic.

A

Comment

I love Live and Let Die. I'm wearing a Baron Samedi watch as I type this.

- James, can we do it again?
            - Certainly. No sense going out half-cocked.

Comment

Live and let die is one of my favourites too , awesome film, loved the Roger Moore era.

Comment

For anyone in the area today, They are showing Moonraker at the BFI with special guest.....Richard 'Jaws' Kiel! I would love to go but have other plans.
                Don't look at me, I'm irrelevant.

Comment

Working...
                X