• Show
Clear All

'stuck to your ass like a victorious secret wedgie'

^_^

Comment

Originally posted by kernow View Post
      'stuck to your ass like a victorious secret wedgie'

^_^
      Haha, in fact forget what I said about him being ****, he's better than Big Bear

Comment

Such a mistake, so appeals to me.

Comment

i find it hard to list album covers of bands which i'm not totally in love with, I could just list all The Prodigy covers. But Mr Scruff always has some cool looking ones.

Comment

I like this recent one a lot

Comment

Blondie Parallel Lines
              Blondie Autoamerican
              Joy Division Unknown Pleasures

Are among my favourites that haven't already been mentioned

Comment

Originally posted by Pharfetchd View Post

What Time Is It? - The Time

My all time fav, I have the record of this and still need to get it on my wall at some point.

Comment

The back of this is even better, but I won't link to it as the CD releases are ruined by all the friggin' barcodes.
                  Specials - The Specials

Another 2-Tone one, but this time just for the fashion iconography of the loafer shoe.
                  Dance Craze

Another iconic 2-Tone cover:
                  Too Much Pressure - The Selecter

A soul/gospel Stax classic
                  We'll Get Over - The Staples Singers

I could have picked any of their covers, but here's a SFW leftfield funk classic:
                  Pleasure - The Ohio Players

Another great funk record with a instantly recongnisable logo:
                  Average White Band - Average White Band

A great album and a great painting:
                  Coast to Coast Motel - G. Love and Special Sauce

Loved the cartoon scribbles on this:
                  Schoolly-D - Schoolly-D

12-inch vinyl LP's were a much better format for the cover. There's just so much you can't see on a CD sized cover.
                  Last edited by gunrock; 24-04-2009, 12:33.

Comment

Your Favourite Album Covers

I've been meaning to post this for a while, but I'd love to see what some of your favourite album cover artwork is.

You might not even like the album, but you may always have been impressed with either the artwork, the simplicity or even the complexity of the design.

There are plenty of great albums, but the artwork is pretty uninspiring, so this thread is just about the artwork you love.
                    Please post pics and reasons why you like it.

I'll get the ball rolling with some that have stood out for me:

Electric Light Orchestra's Out of the Blue was an album I used to love looking at. The gatefold vinyl was gorgeous and featured the other side of the space station on the back and the inside cover showed the docking scene from the front/back but from the space station's view.
                    The whole space station's design is based on a jukebox and you seem to spot new things every time you look at it.

Pop Will Eat Itself's The Looks or the Lifestyle? always intrigued me and I had one of those vile tie-dye shirts with the design on it. It's not so much the cover art, but the inside artwork that I like. The Designer's Republic seemed to get free reign to design whatever they liked and it's full of little logos and catchphrases. Even the advert for the Anti-Nazi League looks great! I loved their work and you've probably seen their work on the Wipeout series, which still looks modern today.

The Clash - London Calling. I've never heard this album, but I love the simplicity of the photo.

Comment

Ignore me and go to this thread instead...

(always search before posting a new thread!)

Comment

You fool QC

Anyway, I have always been a fan of the Boston album covers since I was a little boy looking at the record slip cases. Please excuse the quickness of the photoshop job I did here >.<
                        I guess the main appeal is the sci-fi element plus the continuity effort they have gone to over the years.

Comment

Pretty much anything by Yes where Roger Dean did the artwork is going to kick ass.

Comment

Do I own this album?

Yes.

Comment

I always thought this was very clever:

Comment

This one has always amused me greatly. "This is my fooking garden, landscaped it me fooking self. You saying it looks ****e?" Look at the pride on his face.

Comment

Working...
                                X