Predators

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BeyondJumpFish View Post
    If anyone can tell me a film that he has done that is good, then ill change my mind about this.
    Spy kids? Crap
    Sharkboy? Crap
    Dusk Till Dawn? ****
    Desperado? Pants
    And yes even Sin City? Boring
    We obviously have different taste in films as I loved Dusk, Desperado and Sin city, haven't seen the others. I also loved Planet Terror which you haven't mentioned but guessing from your dislike to his other films it probably wouldn't be your thing either.

Comment

Desperado and Dusk Till Dawn are pretty good. Sin City and the rest I haven?t seen but they?re reviewed quite favourable.

If you?re comparing resumes though, McTiernan has knocked out: Die Hard, Die Hard with a Vengeance, Predator, The Hunt for Red October, Medicine Man, The Thomas Crown Affair, Last Action Hero, Rollerball, 13th Warrior, Basic.

A few stinkers in there but when he makes a good film it?s a destined classic. To be fair as well, the only film he?d touched before Predator was Nomad; which I?ve never even heard of.

Comment

Originally posted by BeyondJumpFish View Post
        If anyone can tell me a film that he has done that is good, then ill change my mind about this.
        Spy kids? Crap
        Sharkboy? Crap
        Dusk Till Dawn? ****
        Desperado? Pants
        And yes even Sin City? Boring
        errrr...

Sin City could be called alot of things but boring certainly isnt one of them.

Dusk Til Dawn and Desperado are brilliant IMO

However neither are as good as Planet Terror which was just stupiddly awesome...

Well I thought so anyway.

Comment

You ghostin' us Rodriquez. I don't care who you are back in the world, you fag up our movie and I'll bleed you. Real quite. Leave you here. Got that?

Comment

I love Dusk Til Dawn but, even then, I consider Rodriguez to be someone who makes fun movies, not necessarily good ones. If hear the names Banderez or McGowan, he can count me out.

She's like a white, female Yapphet Kotto. I have no idea what he sees in her.

Comment

Three things I don't want in this:

1. Vin Diesel

2. The Rock

3. A woman soldier

If any of those are part of it, I will steer clear.

Comment

Vin Diesel rocks for starters. But, more than that, him and the Rock are about the closest we have to those older action heroes. Oh, and that Crank guy. I'd smell what they're all cooking.

And I'd put money on there being a woman soldier. Rose McPoxyGowan.

Comment

Yea, as soon as you plonk either of them in, the films suddenly about feminism or old wrestling catchphrases/moves. Vin Diesel's pretty close to an 80’s action star but he doesn’t have the charisma of an Arnie.

Really, it’s impossible to think of any other actors playing those roles.

Comment

Brad Pitt and Justin Timberlake would be awesome.

I'm not kidding either - deadly serious!!

Comment

Despite having varying opinions of Rodriguez's output, Sin City is awesome 'til the last third, and really gets across the spirit of the graphic novels in a manner way better than I could've expected. It's 22 years since the original Predator came out, and the rest of the sequels and spin offs have been ****e, even Predator 2, so I'm willing to give Rodriguez a chance. Anyway, it'll be a separate, different film. I've noticed over the years people getting all worked up about these 'remakes', like Dawn Of The Dead and Texas Chainsaw n' that, thinking they'll be 'replaced', but they haven't been.

At least it'll keep the Predator (ahem) 'legacy' alive.

Comment

I really don't understand the hate Predator 2 gets, fair enough it's not as good as the first but it's still a great film in its own right. I swear the haters have succumbed to Voodoo magic, ****ing Voodo magic mon.

Comment

I love most of Predator 2. I think much of the direction in terms of the scene setups is pants though, especially that awful screaming head cut. But, in general, I love it. A whole different movie to the first but that's one of the reasons I like it.

Comment

I'm a fan of Predator 2 as well. The opening stand off with the gangs and the predator confrontation in the subway were particularly memorable. Like Dogg Thang I respect the fact that they made it a very different film than the first.

Always thought a good Aliens vs Predator film should have been a sequel to this and a prequel to Alien. The Predators coming to Earth, but not to hunt humans and what becomes the company learn of a new potential bioweapon, which they next encounter hundreds of years later in Alien.

Comment

personally i dont mind remakes anyway.....i mean its not like it erases the original ...that will always exist

BUT i think they should try and do sci fi movie without any cgi just to see if they still can

Oh i liked predator 2 aswell had a different feel to it

Comment

It's not a remake and he is not directing it

Comment

Working...
                                X