Predators

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

First Look At Robert Rodriguez's Predators. - [script]

Only listened to the start (didn’t want to completely spoil it for myself) but man alive, if they want all that to work, Rodriguez and Nimrod (that can’t be his real name, surely?) are going to need a colossal budget.

*spoilers regarding the setting and 2 characters*

Setting the film on the Predators home planet could either be incredible cool or completely kill the ‘unknown warrior’ mystique. To work they’ll have to put some serious effort into creating a believable alien world (CGI, ahoy!), because if it’s identical to earth what’s the point?

The other twist (the idea of recruiting people to hunt) sounds like it could be interesting and the fact one of them is a ninja/samurai did make me smile; surely he‘ll play the Sonny ‘my spidey sense is tingling’ role. Only character I was disappointed to see was the bad ass woman sniper - I mean, come on, it’s Predator.

Should add they’re also keeping the classic Stan Winston design.
    Last edited by Kit; 08-10-2009, 14:35.

Comment

It sounds ok, I think this needs a top TOP director to get fully realised. Like James Cameron would be better. Love the idea of an

arnie cameo, even if its cgi only like T4

I have to say it does annoy me that people think pred 2 is pants compared to one, those gimps in the script review keep talking about a "worthy successor to the original Predator"

Pred 2 is sick and still pisses over the vast majority of sci fi films made now.

Comment

I managed to "find" the whole script, really good stuff

Comment

Originally posted by bash View Post
          Pred 2 is sick
          I used to love it, but now, I'd much rather just watch the first one.

Comment

didn't predator 2 have the brilliant line in it 'you can't see de eyes of a demon til heeem come callin' ?

first one is the 2nd greatest action flick ever (to Die Hard) and should be left alone, how can you better Arnie, Carl Weathers and Jesse Ventura ?

if they insist on remaking I hope somebody says the line 'I aint got time to bleed'

Comment

Its not a remake its a sequel

Comment

A few leaked pictures from the set of the film.

Comment

Bugger me if Adrian Brodie doesn't look like Poncho in some of those fast panning shots.

Comment

Nice looking out, I was actually trying to find some Predators info last night but couldnt find anything! This is coming along nicely from the looks of it, the cast looked a little budget form the leaked pictures but now seems to be getting the 5* treatment . . . . ok, make that 3* but Rodriguez is coming across as a genuine fan. Not sure about the new breed of tougher Predators but I'll try and remain optimistic for now.

Roll on July.

Comment

Predators

For a sneaky peek of the new movie ,

Comment

Looked good but predator hounds seem to be at odds with their whole 'honerable hunting' thing.

Comment

An article about the first look at Predators:

AUSTIN, Texas — One of the most-loved killers from ’80s sci-fi is back, and he’s nastier and more brutal than ever. Producer Robert Rodriguez and director Nimrod Antal screened first-look footage of Predators Friday night for 200 or so lucky attendees on the opening night of the South by Southwest Film Festival and Conference, then […]

Comment

Comment

To be fair to the topic creator, if you searched "predators" before this topic was created, then nothing returned. The other thread needs to have the title changed.

Comment

An article about the first look at Predators:

AUSTIN, Texas — One of the most-loved killers from ’80s sci-fi is back, and he’s nastier and more brutal than ever. Producer Robert Rodriguez and director Nimrod Antal screened first-look footage of Predators Friday night for 200 or so lucky attendees on the opening night of the South by Southwest Film Festival and Conference, then […]

Also, can the thread title be changed to reflect the actual name of the film "Predators", that way the search will actually find it.

Comment

Working...
                                X