No announcement yet.

The EuroVision Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It's alright, this one's been used for ages as a general Eurovision news thread so we can keep it for that

Comment

2012 - It's Back

Taking place in Baku this year, Eurovision is locked in for May 26th with Englebert Humperdinck chosen by some unknown method by the BBC to represent the UK in this years show. Various countries have started with lock in their acts with Italy changing their song mid-process and Armania pulling out altogether. Personally, once again I'm going to avoid the youtube videos and the semi-finals as for me they ruin the fun of the main event.

Comment

This Years Entry

They've revealed the track we'll be entering this year. Many aren't happy but I guess the british public aren't the best judges for what European audiences like based on past choices.

Commically, Radio 2 loves mentioning it sounds like this:

This year we're first up.

Comment

Free daily betting tips and betting predictions from our sporting experts. Get the latest match previews and the best bonus offers from all the top bookmakers. We cover football, tennis, basketball, hockey, snooker...

This years odds on favourite to win is Sweden, the UK are given decent odds but first up rarely does that well.

10 days to go!

Comment

I forgot this was close. I will have to get the beers in for that night! It's always a hoot.

Comment

Yeah it's good background TV

I tend to enjoy the votes more than the singing!

Comment

Yes - I will be back for 2012 Eurovision commentary, but will start a separate thread for the finals scoring fun for 2012, as previous years (see the 2011 commentary thread).

Comment

Its a comedy show.

Comment

The "music" is horse ****, but there are always very good looking (and skimpy dressed) women there. Good background show to watch, probably better with "mute" on TV.

Comment

Just watching Georgia's Entry.

Insane. It's like the cross between a bond theme and the Rocky Horror Picture show.

Comment

And yes you can watch the Semis part 2 on BBC3 at the mo.

Comment

You really can't go far wrong with white suites and cowboy boots. We'll shortly find out the full finalists for Eurovision 2012. Seems a bit unfair we get an automatic entry - perhaps that's another reason we tend to score badly.

Comment

We're nearly there. Only 30 minutes until the Eurovision Finals of 2012.

I've created the scoring / party / comments thread for the final ( it's ***** HERE ***** ). If you want to experience the fun and joy of Eurovision, please join me there at 8 PM when the jollity starts on BBC1.

Comment

damn, wish i didnt have so much work to do - by the time ive done enough for today it'll be the results!

Comment

Four nations have withdrawn from the 2013 competition because they are too cash-strapped to enter – and fear the cost of hosting 2014 if they win

It's still early days and already, due to the costs, 4 countries have withdrawn from Eurovision 2013

Comment

Working...
                                X