Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Gamer. The new movie by Neveldine/Taylor from Crank+Crank 2 fame.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I am gonna avoid all hype for this and see nowt about it - get to the cinema with a blank canvas. Quite rare in these days of information overload and instant communication.

Comment

IGN Review:

Comment

I enjoyed it, its like a new spin on the Running Man but is stupid fun and shows that movie making is not some old boys club

Comment

I enjoyed Gamer a fair bit... I certainly didnt go expecting an award winning movie with well thought out characters and plot twists. I wanted to see **** blown to pieces with some aspects of online gaming societies poked fun at and got exactly that.

Its pretty slickly presented, suited sound track and a silly enough plot that if you bought a ticket expecting to take the movie seriously, then you're a fair bit stupider than the film is in the first place

Comment

Pretty good. Went to some seedy places I didn't expect. Would have liked the action to flow better, not overly keen on the aesthetic and editing.

Plenty of positives to take away though. With this and Crank 2, they film makers are showing how to use HD cameras correctly; there were only a couple of "camcorder" style shots in this (ie. shutter at 270 or 360). If you didn't know better, it could pretty much pass for "film".

Comment

I thought it was aweful personally, it's like they had all the components to make it good but then they edited it into a poorly paced bore.

I was surprised at how serious most of the film took itself, it could of done with a little more Crank tongue in cheek personally.
              The bad guy dance was a massive missed opportunity for something that could of been very funny but Dexter played it too straight.

Comment

Saw this. Boring, boring film. Badly directed action so that you couldn't see what the frack was happning and the same awful filter that was used in Death Race which makes the blacks too dark and the whites too white. Bad contrast; horrible to watch.

Comment

I agree, I saw this the other day and it was absolubtley terrible.

Badly made, couldnt make sense of the action sequences at all, not a single likeable characther and virtualy no plot. So basicaly an example of how not to make a film.

The bad guy doing a weird puppet dance at the end was just plane embaressing too, not to mention it didnt even really fit with the much more serious tone of the rest of the film.

Just a complete mess really.

Comment

Working...
                  X