• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'd love to 'aquire' a copy of that version you have too

Comment

Tank police!
      Feel the power that we got!

I've heard that the CG Tank Police OVA was an abomination which is a shame.

Comment

Originally posted by Duddyroar View Post
        If a dub is done well then there's very little reason to dislike it.

And I challenge you to name me one anime production from the past 10 years that comes anywhere close to rivalling the likes of Wings of Honneamise.

It's far from being about rose-tinted specs...
        Well, outside of the anime of my very own avatar there is:

Paranoia Agent
        Paprika
        Perfect Blue
        Haibane Renmei
        Cat Soup
        Elfin Lied

To name some (though most of these are TV series, but that's the format nowadays, but as we're discussing anime in general, it's a non-issue). But this is all subjective anyway before you think of telling me my opinion is "wrong"...

Going back to old school anime though, I'm shocked no-one has mentioned Gunbuster or Patlabor yet.

Comment

I think comparing TV shows to films or OVAs is pointless, really. Both are doing entirely different things.

And both Gunbuster and Patlabor are amazing...and again, nothing I've seen recently comes close to matching them.

Comment

This was a classic series and one of the first that got me into anime in a big way.

But I'm more interested in when we are ever going to get a R2 release of the awesome Legend of the Four Kings. It's available on R1 but the DVD's cost a bomb everywhere I've seen them. Plus it has the BEST theme music ever! Another superior English music dub.

Enjoy the videos and music that you love, upload original content and share it all with friends, family and the world on YouTube.
            Don't look at me, I'm irrelevant.

Comment

I have Cyber City on VHS which I recorded from the Sci-fi/Bravo channels over 10 years ago now during their anime seasons. That was around the time I really got into anime. I have been trying to buy DVD versions of them to replace the old cassettes.

So far I have Ninja Scroll, Demon City Shinjuku, Wicked City, Judge, Street Fighter 2 the animated movie and one or two others.

I agree they don't make them like that anymore which is a real shame. I do have both the new CG Appleseed movies and really enjoyed them. They don't have the same aesthetic appeal as the hand drawn original but I think it's the future for anime and brings it into the 21st century, and if done right can be just as good as the original anime and better suited to HD televisions we have now.

Comment

The soundtrack for the vhs was released on cd in the uk. In fact its really hard to come by now and due to the licensing has expired its no longer available on any format on dvd. So if you like the music, its available online if you know where to look.

Also there was a PC Engine release of this, has anyone acually played it?

Comment

I've got the OST. Got it on CD back when it first came out. It's as rare as rocking horse **** these days.

Comment

Didn't realise that Yoshiaki Kawajiri directed it till today when i looked on Wiki. Don't know why, but i can definetly see it. His style is definetly there, the man is just awesome sauce love Ninja Scroll and Vampire Hunter D: Bloodlust.

Comment

I'm moving house and spent most of Saturday up the loft sorting stuff for chucking.

Found some Manga Mania comics and reminded myself of a few shows I've still not seen, such as 8 Man After and Bubblegum Crisis.

Remember when that was one of the few anime titles you could get hold of and it was about £20 for a video?

We're a bit spoiled when it comes to anime these days!

Comment

I would like to resurrect this thread, so that you can talk more about 80/90s awesome anime. Please do discuss more...

Ive just got through Genocyber, loved it

Comment

I strongly recommend this site to classic anime fans

From there the highlights, and true must sees are California crisis, call me tonight, space fantasia 2001 and obviously violence jack which we've all seen but remains one of the best they ever made.

Comment

Smashing! California crisis image reminds me of outrun

Comment

Working...
                            X