No announcement yet.

Toy Story 3

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

From what I gather they'd already talked about the plot for Cars 2, basically the main guy is going to race internationally and go up against different car types (F1 and so on), thus proving that Nascar is the bestest motorsport EVAR.

But then I read the original plot of Toy Story 3 was going to be Buzz being recalled for safety reasons so....

*edit*

Yep, that was the plot drawn up by Disney when they were going to do it minus Pixar.

Also, reading the wikipedia, I found out that the garbage guy is actually Sid from the first film.
    Last edited by abigsmurf; 02-08-2010, 07:32.

Comment

It's the director of Wall-E doing JCoM, they aren't doing it under the Pixar brand because A it's live action and B it's a PG13

Comment

A few places also reported that Disney's attempts to force cheap sequels out the door to Pixar films was one of the reaons for Lasseter ensuring he was placed on the board when Disney and Pixar merged.

Comment

Monsters Inc 2: Return to the Scare Factory
          Cars 2: The Legend of Route 67
          Finding Nemo: Again

Comment

Originally posted by abigsmurf View Post
            Yep, that was the plot drawn up by Disney when they were going to do it minus Pixar.
            The script (it'd have to be a script, nothing like smashing down the house Walt built, is there) for the "Circle Seven" version has materialised. (Circle Seven being the name of the internal 3D Disney group they set up themselves to make the knockoff version).

Comment

I read a book about Disney a year or so ago, detailing the rise of Eisner. Loads of background info in that book about the relationship with Pixar and the animantion studio in general. Many of the ideas they formulated (Disney) have come to fruition, either by Disney or via Katzenberg with Dreamworks. It's pretty clear that there was talent a plenty within Disney without Pixar, the stinkers that Dreamworks have pumped out (and the varying quality of the sequels) are evidence of that.

Comment

Working...
              X