No announcement yet.

The Hurt Locker

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I usually have to get ready to argue against Brats but in this case I totally agree. It's like they half thought of adding a secondary storyline in there, got around to putting a couple of bits of it in and then said ah bollocks to it.

Comment

Obviously its nowhere near a perfect film, but I seem to have enjoyed it becuase I went into it with a totaly different mindset than Brats obviously did. This is from the woman who directed Point Break after all. In fact I think if you took all the scripts from all the films shes made, i doubt it took more than a few brain cells to write them all put together, she dosent really make thinking mans movies, they pretty much all get by on style alone (and some more sucsessfuly than others).

As a result I never considered it anything more than a "simple action film". And I also considered it to be a really well made one at that.

Comment

I'm not a fan of Point Break, but I believe Strange Days is a vastly underrated classic that has a lot of interesting things to say.

Comment

I agree with the comments here that it was underwhelming. I didn't think it was poor by any stretch of the imagination - it was just a little dull and didn't seem to have anything new to say. The first few bomb defusion sequences were tense but eventually it got a little stale. I can't quite fathom all of the praise personally.

Comment

Working...
          X