Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New senser album: How to do battle

Anyone got it yet?

http://www.myspace.com/senserband (a couple of the new tracks on there)
    On tour as well.
    Heitham is back!

Wow!

I thought I was the only person who's heard of them, let alone reformed!

Saw them live (finally) after SCHEMAtic was released and I knew this new album was delayed, so I'm pleased it's finally out.

Still haven't bettered "Eject" in my opinion, though...

Comment

WHAT!!!??? No way, I love Stacked Up, will be checking for this.

Ooooh I likes, not changed their style much.
      Last edited by spagmasterswift; 22-10-2009, 16:18.

Comment

used to love senser (thats going back a fair bit!) - will check this new album out

cheers

Comment

Is SCHEMAtic the greatest hits?

I saw them live at Bug Jam. Not a lot of activity before they came on - prior bands were being watched with people lying the sun. When they came on, I leapt over all the bodies and starting giving it some on my own. A minute later the whole field was on their feet. Rock.

Comment

Jesus- have they been going all this time or did they take a hiatus for a few years? I saw them live around the time of Stacked Up, and I remember the album had a couple of decent tunes on it, back then at least anyway. I don't think the intervening years haven't exactly been kind to the music though...

This different to their earlier stuff then?

Comment

I heard the single, and it was quite pleasing.

As I have mentioned on here before, in the second half of the 90's some members of the band formed Lodestar. They didn't sound like Senser, but they do have an album which is worth a listen in my opinion.
              http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lodestar_(band)

Comment

It's all on the Senser wiki page, but in a nutshell:

1st Album (Stacked Up (1994)): Original lineup
                2nd Album (Asylum (1998)): Heitham Al-Sayed left, Kerstin Haigh did vocals
                3rd Album (Parallel Charge(2001)): Compilation album
                4th Album (SCHEMAtic (2004) ): Original lineup reformed to make new album
                5th Album (How To Do Battle (2009)): Original lineup

Couple of reviews for the new album:

I'm really tempted to check them out at Hellfire festival at the Birmingham NEC, especially as Electric Eel Shock are playing too!

Comment

endo: it's quite similar to their early stuff, but a fair bit harder.
                  After stacked up, Heitham left, so Kerstin had to do the vocals on the next album (Asylum), which was quite a lot harder and had some cool DnB influenced sections.

Comment

Just had a listen to a track on the website- actually not bad. I'm surprised- and I don't mean in a snarky way. I'll have to investigate a bit more..

Comment

This is really spooky.

Why? Because just the other day, this band crossed my mind.

And now they have a new album! Their stuff reminds me of many rock nights and student discos back in the day...

Comment

This is pretty sweet!

Comment

You can order signed copies of their new album via their website at the mo. One of the new Tshirts is really good too.

Comment

"Check it check it out!" - check out the crowd go mental at after the build up (which starts at 2.40)

Has anyone heard the speed mix of the Age of Panic? It was on the single. Crazy stuff.

Comment

The more I listen to this, the better it gets. It's on repeat play in my car at the mo.

Comment

Working...
                              X