Alien and Aliens Blu-Ray

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Alien and Aliens Blu-Ray

Alien and Aliens Blu-Ray do they exist? Hi I love these films and notice in the U.S not sure, but I think they have been released on Blu-Ray. My first silly question is will/are they region free? As I have a Japanese PS3 or will they work even if they are in Europe's region? I had a big look on Wiki etc for info on a European release for these and can`t see anything but it may available in U.S soon if not already see below.

Sorry if I have made a mistake and these have no release date but any info would be great. Not sure now if they are gonna be released with the new prequel or not so confused

Thanks
    Last edited by JU!; 28-10-2009, 23:27.

Originally posted by JU! View Post
    Alien and Aliens Blu-Ray do they exist? Hi I love these films and notice in the U.S not sure, but I think they have been released on Blu-Ray. My first silly question is will/are they region free? As I have a Japanese PS3 or will they work even if they are in Europe's region? I had a big look on Wiki etc for info on a European release for these and can`t see anything but it may available in U.S soon if not already see below.

Sorry if I have made a mistake and these have no release date but any info would be great. Not sure now if they are gonna be released with the new prequel or not so confused

Thanks
    They havn't come out yet, I don't know the definite plans either......Amazon do this all the time, like listing Saving Private Ryan as "coming" when it had never been announced even.

Only HD Alien so far is on the dead D-Theater format!

Comment

I'm pretty sure that they were announced for crimbo earlier in the year but have since been put back.

Comment

Cheers for the info peeps. Baseley09 I was not aware Amazon did this stupid stuff, I really wonder what the point is in them doing that. It was annoying me so much not knowing if there was a release or not. I have the 4 films on video. Never bought Quardrilogy, but watched one of my mates vers a bit. I really don`t understand some movies companies some movies would benefit so much from a Blu-Ray release but don`t see a release for a looooong time.
        Last edited by JU!; 03-11-2009, 01:36.

Comment

It's finally here.

We're assured that the release will include all four films and all content previously released for the series, including "the 1991/1992 laserdisc releases, the 1999 'Legacy' release and 2003's groundbreaking Alien Quadrilogy release". It'll also include both theatrical cuts and Special Editions / Director's Cuts of all four films, to provide maximum xenomorphic horror for all. We're told that that's 60 hours of content and about 12,000 images to boot

I was worried about the Transfer as Fox will either step up to the plate as with Zodiac or make a complete hash of it like Predator. However, the 4 Films have gone into restoration by US Imaging House Lowry Digital and they've been working on the print for some time. Although no shots have been released, it's looking likely they'll be pristine transfers onto Blu Ray.

I think I'll save this for one of my Christmas Presents!

Comment

It's a lovely set this but I don't feel the need to upgrade considering the lack of worthy additonal content. I'm still using the Alien Quadrilogy Alien Head as a TV stand

Comment

Need to see how good Aliens is before I double dip!

Comment

Working...
              X