Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Been working through season 1 of Dollhouse. Catching it 4 years after its original broadcast but not a bad show with many noticeable touches of Whedon about it. Nearly finished the season and I'll be honest, Eliza Dushku is good but to say she's meant to be leading the cast in the show I find she pales in comparison to some of the supporting cast members (mainly Enver Gjokaj, Dichen Lachman and to a lesser extent Harry Lennix). The episodes seem to be as much centred around showing how hot Dushku can look in various looks from the production wardrobe as it does have her playing the various personalities her character gets imprinted with in the show.

The exploration of the morality behind taking humans with screwed-up pasts, having them become test subjects by mutual agreement and signed contracts and their use in The Dollhouse's day-to-day business is interesting and well executed. As per a Whedon series there are some interesting twists as well. Although each season is only 13 episodes (and normally I'm completely fine with this) Dollhouse is perhaps one of those times where more episodes could have really helped to flesh out the story, further explained the institute and its parent company's motivations and the backgrounds of the major cast members.

So not too bad but although she's a quality actress in her own right, perhaps Dollhouse could have been a higher calibre of show if Eliza Dushku wasn't the main female protagonist after all. Just my two cents and I'm hopeful for an all around improvement in season 2.

Comment

Originally posted by DavidH View Post
      Anyone else here watch Fast N' Loud or Street Outlaws?
      (they're two American car shows), on Discovery Channel over here I think.
      Gas monkeys rule, not heard of street outlaws, will look that up now.

Comment

Paddy. Season 2 is good but rushed due to the shows cancellation.

Comment

Originally posted by Hartley Hare View Post
          Gas monkeys rule, not heard of street outlaws, will look that up now.
          Yep Gas Monkeys are great, I want an Aaron beard, hopefully it's back on soon.
          Street Outlaws is all about illegal street racers over there, worth a try at least.

Comment

Yeah, Fast n Loud is very watchable. Though I do wince when Richard Rawlings starts doing burnouts in a brand new build.

Comment

ITV4 is where the action is these days. The Professionals, Minder and they running Magnum PI now. Proper shows!

Comment

Another Fast'n'loud fan here. You need to take it all with a massive pinch of salt obviously, Richard and Aaron moaning about struggling to afford things when the reality is they're both millionaires! Thoroughly recommend counting cars too, Danny comes across as a great guy.

Comment

Will check out Counting Cars thanks.

Comment

Yeah, Counting Cars is great. Like ikobo says Danny seems like . Really genuine bloke.
                    Last edited by teddymeow; 30-08-2013, 13:20.

Comment

I've never heard of any of these shows, so I've just had to look them up!

Counting Cars is on History (Sky: 529 & 530 (+1), Virgin Media: 234, BT: 432 | 886)
                      There's 6 episodes in a row tomorrow (31/08/13), so we can all catch up, but it sounds like one of those shows where if you've seen one, you've seen them all like King of Cakes, Storage Wars and Pawn Stars.

Fast n' Loud is on Discovery, but it's currently off air. Discovery seem to be mixing up the episode order and are way behind America.

Street Outlaws is also Discovery and each episode is repeated several times each week, so plenty of chance to catch them.

Comment

Big Barn Farm.

Comment

Originally posted by nakamura View Post
                          Big Barn Farm.
                          "They'll be friends forever and they'll always be together down on Big Barn Farm" goes the theme tune.

I'm not so sure.

*looks at the tasty, tasty bacon sandwich-to-be, Mrs. Snuffles*

Comment

Originally posted by QualityChimp View Post
                            I've never heard of any of these shows, so I've just had to look them up!

Counting Cars is on History (Sky: 529 & 530 (+1), Virgin Media: 234, BT: 432 | 886)
                            There's 6 episodes in a row tomorrow (31/08/13), so we can all catch up, but it sounds like one of those shows where if you've seen one, you've seen them all like King of Cakes, Storage Wars and Pawn Stars.
                            With counting cars and fast'n'loud it depends on whether you like old cars or not mate, it's never the same cars week to week but the process is obviously the same each week (buy, fix up, sell) but both shows have plenty of daft fun too.

Originally posted by teddymeow View Post
                            Yeah, Counting Cars is great. Like CTN says Danny seems like . Really genuine bloke.
                            Er, CTN?

Originally posted by ikobo View Post
                            Another Fast'n'loud fan here. You need to take it all with a massive pinch of salt obviously, Richard and Aaron moaning about struggling to afford things when the reality is they're both millionaires! Thoroughly recommend counting cars too, Danny comes across as a great guy.

Comment

Originally posted by ikobo View Post
                              Er, CTN?
                              I don't know what you mean...it clearly says ikobo.

Comment

Thanks QC, will set up the V+ for tomorrow. Will save some bandwidth.

Everyone should also watch an epsiode of American show Extreme Couponing at some point in their lifetime.

Comment

Working...
                                X