Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Enjoyed The Following but it started to lose it towards the end of Season 1 so curious to see S2, there's risk with that that the plot doesn't hold up to multi-year arcs, hopefully its sharp again.

Arrow has been good so far in Season 2. Less annoying characters bar Laurel and more comic connections.

Revolution is really touch and go, better than S1 but still not great. Just enough twists to keep us going but the whole thing needs to lurch forward and force a restyle from the poorly thought out civil war era stylings

Comment

Originally posted by smouty View Post
      I've just watched the pilot for Almost Human. Another JJ Abrams show.
      It has new McCoy (Karl Urban) who is OK but it is a little too generic for me
      I thought it was quite cheap and lacking.. but it gets better and is decent entertainment.

Originally posted by DavidH View Post
      Person of Interest, can't believe it's on the third season, I watched season one then binned it off. Same old thing every episode.
      Season 1 was good, 2 was ok, but 3 really annoyed me. I thought the 1st season was very much like The Equalizer, but then it changed too much for my liking. The Equalizer, despite being a bit cheesy/corny at times, is still worth watching.
      Last edited by Leon Retro; 26-01-2014, 00:07.

Comment

At the beginning of the year I started watching Breaking Bad. Finished it last night finally, feels like a hell of a ride quite honestly.

There were obviously many ups and down but I did enjoy it quite a bit, especially during the first few seasons. I could say that I didn't enjoy it so much once certain main characters leave but everything ties together neatly in the end so that there shouldn't be any real complications. I was satisfied with it.

Don't often watch American shows but I may pick something else to watch soon, maybe Community..

Comment

Finished Dexter recently, which ended up being so damned ridiculous it was more an exercise in endurance.

On the other hand though, I'm watching Justified now that S4 is on Netflix. I am enjoying that a lot - find it both smart and funny.

Comment

Dexter was fantastic in the early days but yes the last couple of seasons lost their way.
            Loved the character Debs, is so like a lady I know who looks and swears the same way.

Comment

I'm struggling to get into Breaking Bad. I feel like I'm saying something outrageous because I'm the only one. I've watched two and a half seasons and I'm not really motivated to watch any more. I'm guessing people they deal with are increasingly 'orrible and thus the main character gets more 'orrible. People probably die.

Screenwipe sums up how I feel about it:
              "I started watching it, because people were watching it and they'd say "Are you watching it?" and I didn't want to say "no, I'm not watching it", so I started watching it, but I don't know why as, for a chemistry show, it's really sad."

(Sorry about the poor sound, the dude filmed it off his telly.)

Comment

You're not alone with Breaking Bad, I got up to epsiode five (of season one) first time around (when it first aired in 2008), gave up on it, then tried again six months ago still didn't make it to the end of season one. Just wasn't for me. Know the ending so no way I will ever be returning to in now.

Comment

Haha, I love Barry ****peas and Philomena Cunk.

Comment

Still not tried it, lost me as soon as I found out it was about drugs... Always, always a dull plotline in any context

Comment

Best TV show ever made!
                      But it ain't for everyone, if you're not liking it I'd stop now mate.
                      If we all liked the same stuff the world would be a boring place!

Comment

Originally posted by Superman Falls View Post
                        Still not tried it, lost me as soon as I found out it was about drugs... Always, always a dull plotline in any context
                        Pulp fiction is dull?

Did you not like:-
                        Last edited by 'Press Start'; 29-01-2014, 13:41.

Comment

Firstly, thanks to Steven for not making me feel like a social pariah. Normally, Breaking Bad conversations go like this:
                          Friend: "It's a good show, but nowhere near as good as Breaking Bad"
                          Me: "I've not seen it"
                          Friend's voice shifts up an octave
                          Friend: "YOU'VE NOT SEEN IT?!"

Secondly, I think I agree with CrazySuperTaxiFallsNext in that I'm not bothered about drug storylines.
                          No, Pulp Fiction isn't a dull film, it's amazing, but it's not really about drugs, is it? One storyline features it and the scenes of John Travolta shooting up are far too indulgent for me and I probably speed it on a bit these days.
                          I don't really enjoy gangster films, really. I'm not a massive fan of Scarface as I didn't root for Tony Montana, Goodfellas is OK and I found The Godfather rather forgettable. All of them are definitely worth watching, but don't think they deserve the loft statuses they have.

I think the worst offender for me was Blow with Johnny Depp. The film portrayed his character (Jung) as this unlucky, but loveable rogue who kept on getting screwed over by fate, his friends and his family. It totally ignored the damage that cocaine has done to tens of thousands of lives and families. It felt like The Social Network but for illegal drugs.

As Stevie says, it'd be a dull world if we all liked the same thing and all the above is just my humble opinion!

Comment

Hmmm... drug storylines can be a million different things. Seems weird to lump them in all together and then dismiss them. And QC, your point that a particular story is not really about drugs can be applied to most of them, Breaking Bad included. It's not the story of drugs. It's the story of a man who goes too far over the edge - it's a human story in which drugs are a device. It could just as easily have been about gambling, smuggling, theft or anything else we might disapprove of.

Comment

Originally posted by QualityChimp View Post
                              It totally ignored the damage that cocaine has done to tens of thousands of lives and families.
                              You guys wouldn't watch such a film anyway, its about drugs!

Comment

I agree, Dogg.

I think the point I was trying to make was if somebody said "Let's go watch a gangster film!" I'd be as excited as them saying "Let's go watch a film about drugs".

As a central premise, I'm not that interested, but handled correctly as a narrative device (e.g. Trainspotting), I don't have a problem with it.

If it's any help, I aim to make it to the end of the second season of Breaking Bad, at least!

Comment

Working...
                                X