This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anyone watch London Spy?
    The trailer makes it look like a thrilling spy drama starring Ben Whishaw (Q in SPECTRE), Jim Broadbent and Charlotte Rampling.

I tried to watch it, but the first half hour was alternating jerky close-ups and slow-mo shots of awkward conversations between two gay guys who hook up.

By the time it got to the sweaty man-sex, I gave up.

I think if I got past that it would have been quite exciting.

Comment

Originally posted by QualityChimp View Post
      Anyone watch London Spy?
      The trailer makes it look like a thrilling spy drama starring Ben Whishaw (Q in SPECTRE), Jim Broadbent and Charlotte Rampling.

I tried to watch it, but the first half hour was alternating jerky close-ups and slow-mo shots of awkward conversations between two gay guys who hook up.

By the time it got to the sweaty man-sex, I gave up.

I think if I got past that it would have been quite exciting.

Yep, watched it and thought it ended really well. It's a bit of a slow build up for the first 30-40 minutes, but (without giving too much away), as things start to get very dark it becomes really compelling. There's another 4 episodes to go, so I have high hopes... and with it being loosely based on true events, it's intriguing.

Comment

Thanks, [MENTION=11345]Spooky Mulder[/MENTION].
        Maybe I'll skip past the sex scenes and try again.

Comment

FX has announced that they’ve renewed their crime anthology series “Fargo” for a third season. Showrunner and creator Noah Hawley is set to return for the next round of the critically-lauded drama. The news comes as the second season heads into its seconfd half and has attained the highest Metacritic score of any TV series […]

Fargo Season 3 greenlit

Comment

I wonder who'll be in season 3?

Comment

Currently watching:

- Toast of London - probably my fave British comedy since The Office.
              - Jessica Jones - love this. Somehow feels like the perfect formula for a comic book tv show.
              - Fargo S2 - only watched the first ep and it's amazing already.
              Last edited by Atticus; 28-11-2015, 07:58.

Comment

Fargo is far and away the best thing on TV right now in my opinion, absolutely brilliant.

Comment

Haven't watched it yet. Watched the movie again the other day. Must give the series a go.

Comment

another here who enjoys Fargo, I've also only watched the first episode and that's because I was told some crazy stuff and ive got loads of other stuff that's before it, but I will get through it

Comment

Fargo is amazing, especially Dodd.

Comment

Buffy the Vampire Slayer
                        Mid season 2 on the rewatch and it is so hard to stick with. Dated. That would be the word. We're trying to stick it out though at least until we can sidetrack off into the superior Angel.

Comment

Finished Grace and Frankie; lovely programme. Can't wait for the next series.

Saw the third episode of Master of None about Indian actors getting typecast. I laughed many times.

Still trundling through Downton Abbey which is a lot more dramatic than Community made it out to be.

Comment

Originally posted by Superman Falls View Post
                            Buffy the Vampire Slayer
                            Mid season 2 on the rewatch and it is so hard to stick with. Dated. That would be the word. We're trying to stick it out though at least until we can sidetrack off into the superior Angel.
                            I used to love Buffy but I've never re-watched it since it originally aired, despite having bought the DVDs as they came out. The problem for me is when you've got something like 22 eps per season you're going to get filler, which Buffy definitely suffers from. Which is a shame because at its best it's a good as anything out there, or at least I remember it was (thinking Hush, The Body, Once More with Feeling, etc ... mini masterpieces, all of them). I think what I'll end up doing is cherry picking my favourite episodes to re-watch, as going through the full thing does seem like a lot to get through (especially when there's so much new stuff to watch at the mo).

Comment

That's what we've started to do, cut out the weaker ones. There's quite a few I remember enjoying that I've struggled with this time around so it's a lot that have fallen by the wayside. The really stand out ones are the only ones that hold up. God knows how little of Season 6 I'll end up watching

Comment

The other week came word that FX’s anthology series “Fargo” had been renewed for a third season. Today, creator and showrunner Noah Hawley confirmed to EW that despite the second season being set in the past, the new season will go back to the modern day: “It’s more contemporary” he says with season three set […]

Fargo Season 3 will be set in current day (ie follow on from Season 1)

Comment

Working...
                                X