Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Binging on Smallville after not watching it for years. Up to season 4 now, which I've probably only seen once (unlike S1+2).

Comment

I gave up around series 7 but I loved Smallville. I feel like I should go back and just finish it off but I never find the time/inclination.

Comment

Smallville is a long haul with a lot of filler Monster of the Week style eps but that dip in quality in the middle pulls itself up for the last three eps, despite the low-low budget approach it's still satisfying to see the last episode and last 15 minutes unfold after such a long journey

Comment

Realised The X-Files is on Prime - watched the first 2 episodes. Forgot how awesome this show is - I'm going to watch every single episode - I haven't seen the last few seasons so looking forward to those.

Also watching Californication - hilarious. Just started season 2 which is pretty damn good. I must admit I wasn't sure how it would be after the end of season one but they've done a great job thus far.

Yeah this household is feeling the Duchovny love at the moment!

Comment

Netflix Japan just keeps on giving. They've added Arrested Development so that'll be our go-to 20-minute programme when we don't have enough time for Downton or whatever.

Comment

I've barely used my Amazon prime so took a look around and ended up watching Mozart in the Jungle season one. It's alright but sometime it feels it drags a little. I've heard season 2 is better so looking forward to starting that tomorrow.

Also trying to catch up with Grandfathered, really enjoying the show.
              Last edited by shaffy_oppa; 17-01-2016, 02:20.

Comment

Really liking Young Montalbano, some good foreign series on BBC4 over the last year.

Comment

Watched the first episode of Angie Tribeca

Created by Steve carrell and stars rashida Jones - sound good

Now it's only the first episode but it's clearly trying to be police squad but failing miserably

Comment

Do like Rashida Jones, but failing comedy rules me out immediately.

Buster did you ever see her in the series NY-LON back in the day?

Comment

Ive liked rashida since I first saw her in the American office but I've never seen NY-LON

Watched another episode and it's just manic and a very poor police squad, loads of big actors doing cameos in each episode I guess that's the draw of Steve carrell

So have you finished the second season of the affair yet?

Comment

I've been sitting in front of the first 5 episodes of The Affair. It's like they collected the most unlikeable people they could find. Will I regret sticking this out?

Comment

The100 season 3 has started on Netflix finally, I wasn't expecting to see any more of this but happy to have been proved wrong. Also nibbling at Z Nation s2 in between Smallville mini-binges (up to season 8 right now).

Comment

I wanted to see how Celebrity Lip Sync Battle was.
                            It was pretty poor and the concept seems a little stale already. They're a bit late to the party. I wonder if Stephen Merchant gets any credit?

Well, it was passable, despite the presence of Mel B.

The highlight was this. I watched agog...

Comment

Originally posted by buster_broon View Post
                              Ive liked rashida since I first saw her in the American office but I've never seen NY-LON ....
                              So have you finished the second season of the affair yet?
                              You you check out NY-LON if you can find it anywhere. Mind you is probably dated now, must have been on ten to fifteen years ago now.

Yep all up to date with the Affair. First series is stronger, but a very good show.

Originally posted by Dogg Thang View Post
                              I've been sitting in front of the first 5 episodes of The Affair. It's like they collected the most unlikeable people they could find. Will I regret sticking this out?
                              Second half of season is where it really hits the mark, stick with it for sure.

Originally posted by kryss View Post
                              The100 season 3 has started on Netflix finally, I wasn't expecting to see any more of this but happy to have been proved wrong. Also nibbling at Z Nation s2 in between Smallville mini-binges (up to season 8 right now).
                              Yes The 100 S3 opener was OK, easy viewing while doing the ironing or something. Same can be said for Z-Nation.

I see Sky have bought the rights to Californication for the UK, can't believe it's never been shown over here. I'm currently watching it again from the start, up to season four now, and it has some fantastic episodes and characters.

Comment

About halfway through Jessica Jones after giving it a Sunday push. It's a slow burn series again but I definitely feel it's stronger than Daredevil.

Like DD, best viewed if you ignore the MCU connection.

Comment

Working...
                                X