This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Jebus View Post
    Anyone see the pilot of "Persons Unknown"? Crap title, but I really enjoyed it...I'd say Lost fans will love it as it has that kind of mysterious feel to it.
    I'd still reccomend this if anyone is after a new American show, so to speak!

Lie To Me has been excellent since it came back too!

Comment

Did anyone watch the "How to build a nuclear submarine" programme after TG? It was interesting but frustrating that they wouldn't say what the sub could do as it's classified! I bet a lot of the info is on the net anyway (not that I've looked). Lots of shots of the galley and messes then.

Still that apprentice lass had great norks.

Comment

Most of the shows I watched are either finished or on break. Entourage started back up though, which is awesome. No longer want to follow anything weekly when everything I watch is done and dusted - all box sets from now on when series are finished.

Comment

Rich Hall's The Dirty South, which I found most entertaining and very enlightening.

Impressed by some of the programmes I've seen on there in memory - Micro Men, The Curse of Steptoe, Paul Merton on Alfred Hitchcock, Weird and Wonderful World of Early Cinema, Rude Britannia, British B Movies: Truly, Madly, Cheaply.

Comment

Been watching The 4400 thanks to Mr Parry and his awesome DVD sale.

Proper good TV. Good story, good cast, big twists!!

Each season is only 12 episodes too (4 in total) so it doesn't get an opportunity to drag or get bloated with filler.

Comment

I've started watching Phineas and Ferb. Kids cartoon that has enough depth for saddo big boys.

A very pleasant watch with nice short episodes. The first 2 or 3 didn't grab me but the rest have been tippity top.

Comment

Originally posted by teddymeow View Post
                Been watching The 4400 thanks to Mr Parry and his awesome DVD sale.

Proper good TV. Good story, good cast, big twists!!

Each season is only 12 episodes too (4 in total) so it doesn't get an opportunity to drag or get bloated with filler.
                4400 is really cool. It's funny to see it do stuff that Heroes tried several years afterwards. Some of the similarities are even.

Shame it was left unifinished as no more series were commishioned

Comment

Discovered Eastbound and Down. Only 6 episodes in series 1 but wonderful and very, very funny. Just started watching Curb Your Enthusiasm too. I'm a big fan of Woody Allen and the comedy reminds me of his films in many ways. Only 3 episodes in so a long way to go but love what I see so far.

Only watching great stuff from now on

Comment

I'm just at the end of season 3 with 2 episodes left.

Heroes does echo it very heavily but this feels so much more grounded.

My only "issue" with it is the

age old time travel paradox

but I guess that can't be helped

Comment

The abilities weren't so crazy in thus as they were in heroes. The guy who was vegetablised in the first series was even in heroes

Comment

True Blood, curious where this is going to go. It's ok but (don't know which came first) a carbon copy of Twilights plagourisim friendly storyline and really slow. I enjoy it enough but it's certainly not remotely worth the level of praise it recieves

Comment

That Mitchell and Webb Look. Still not funny. Inexplicably given another series. Switched off in 5 minutes of the start.

Comment

Well, the fall US seasons started last week.

Having fun today catching up with House, Fringe, Bones & Castle.

Thank God. With the nights drawing in it's nice to be able to curl up and watch some awesomeness.

Comment

Yep yep. Good times are'a here.

Whilst the main shows were off I enjoyed Louie after a rough start. Glad I stuck with it.

Community premier was okay but the Betty White sections were dreadfully poor.
                              It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia has been on form.
                              30 Rock was okay.
                              Real Time with Bill Maher is also back.

Nice stack of Shows from Sunday waiting for me.
                              Apart from Boardwalk I haven't tried any of the new shows yet. I need to check the GAF thread to see if there is anything worthwhile.

Comment

Started watching Season 2 of True Blood now it's on C4 and I've gotta say... I'm finding it hard work. As is typical of this modern glut of soft edged Vampire products it's just going round and round with every ep showcasing someone having it off and someone being accused of a murder they didn't commit. I really don't want to keep seeing pudgy faced Sookie nude every week either Gonna see how far I can last with this.

On the flip side finished the last season of Lost. I learned a couple of series back to just go with the flow once it went all sci-fi as it was never going to end in a way that kept it rooted like the first 3 seasons were. Despite hearing about peoples hatred or misgivings about it, I really liked the way it ended. It's probably not the smartest of ways to wrap the show up but most importantly it was done in a way that stayed very true to the characters and gave them a fitting emotional finale.

Comment

Working...
                                X