Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So has anyone tried any on the new fall shows yet?

Tried a few, no hits so far.

Nikita - Dollhouse mixed with Alias style show. Not dumb but meh.
    Boardwalk Empire - Well made but no soul or flair. Similar to the Pacific.
    Terriers - Bad.
    Running Wilde - Didn't like it. There was a lol at the end of the first episode which gave me hope but the other episode was as mediocre as the rest of the first one.
    The Increasingly Poor Decisions of Todd Margaret - I'm going to give it a few episodes.

Dexter has been fantastic but I'm coming close to dropping Mad men. Apart from Peggy I have no interest in any of the other characters.
    Last edited by Bort; 06-10-2010, 21:47.

Comment

Want to watch Nikita.

Maggie Q in lingerie with guns = WIN!!

Comment

Man vs food is my current fave show I need to eat everything on it and become Facebook friends with the host.

Comment

Gotta say, since Sky reigned in the HD channels you got for free I do miss a bit of Man V Food. First time I saw it Adam was chowing down a 12 pattie cheeseburger. The highlight being when he applied a little pressure to the bun top prior to eating and the whole thing oozed grease from every pore like a meat accordion packing a litre of oil

Comment

Does Nikita start tonight or was it last week? Yeah, Maggie Q, I'm in.

With Man V Food, don't you feel that if you've seen one show, you've seen them all? You start off thinking the food looks nice, then they show you how they make it, which basically just involves the chefs making things as unhealthy as possible and finally the host enters a competition to eat as much as he can.

It all seems a bit gluttonous by the end and a bit wrong that people can be so greedy.

I also feel conflicted because I want to try pretty much every single thing he tries.

I've been watching The Deep that was on BBC1 and it's pretty good, but not astonishing. I've got one episode to go.

I'm also currently addicted to Unbeatable Banzuke at the moment. Partly because it's a Takeshi's Castle/Ninja Warrior-style Japanese gameshow, but partly because it's fun to do impressions of Brian Blessed...

Comment

Originally posted by QualityChimp View Post
              With Man V Food, don't you feel that if you've seen one show, you've seen them all? You start off thinking the food looks nice, then they show you how they make it, which basically just involves the chefs making things as unhealthy as possible and finally the host enters a competition to eat as much as he can.
              I have finally bored myself of Man vs Food due to it being mostly the same now. Your pretty right in your description, but you missed one vital stage - The part where he acts the goat before the food competition, whether it be pretending he is a sports star, or maybe dances about like an edjit.

Comment

Anyone been watching Rubicon? It finished its first (and maybe its last) season last night. Hopefully AMC will give it another 13 episodes despite the rather low viewing figures.

For anyone who hasn't checked it out its a rather slow paced conspiracy drama. Probably not selling it there but I really enjoyed it. I started watching it because of my love of 70's conspiracy thrillers like The Parallax View, All the President's Men and Three Days of the Condor and I'm glad I did.

Comment

Bloody Disney Channel!

Wizards of Waverly Place is stupidly fun! Reminds me of when I was younger and watched Saved By The Bell, California Dreams and City Guys.

Comment

Watching that E4 show, Misfits, on DVD. Fully expected it to be a pile of crap. A bunch of kids, superpowers. It's surprisingly good.

Comment

Originally posted by QualityChimp View Post
                      I'm also currently addicted to Unbeatable Banzuke at the moment. Partly because it's a Takeshi's Castle/Ninja Warrior-style Japanese gameshow, but partly because it's fun to do impressions of Brian Blessed...

That was bloody terrible!
                      Pro skateboarder?
                      Skating since age 5?
                      Skated down a hill as fast as 31 mph?

And nobody could even muster an ollie up that 1st block

Comment

Enjoyed episode 2 of The Trip this week. Most I've laughed at a UK comedy since Partridge & The Office.

Comment

Saw a clip on youtube with duelling Michael Caine impressions yesterday. Seemed okay. Hopefully the first ep is still on iplayer.

Comment

Don't know wherther it was down to familiarity with the format but I thought episode 2 was better than the first.

Comment

Anyone been watching The Apprentice?

Enjoying it but the editing is really irritating.

The following happens at least once per ep:

*person tells joke*
                              *in an obvious cut there's a shot of the rest of the team sitting their in silence*
                              *another obvious cut to a shot showing the guy looking embarassed*

I dislike it when editing is used in this way.

Comment

Originally posted by Dogg Thang View Post
                                Watching that E4 show, Misfits, on DVD. Fully expected it to be a pile of crap. A bunch of kids, superpowers. It's surprisingly good.
                                My thoughts exactly, really expected to hate it but it is really rather good!

Comment

Working...
                                X