Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

That new Portishead track

Chase the Tear.

Very different for them, once again changing musical direction. The proceeds are going to Amnesty International, and the track costs 99p.

Best thing for me is that Portishead are evidently not going back into hibernation for another 10 years!

What do you mean 'once again'? Have they changed direction before? I don't recall hearing anything from them after the debut album.

Comment

Well the second record wasn't really a change of direction; more of the same really. The third album came after a long hiatus and was really good, though again, not drastically different.

Comment

Ooh, didn't know about this. Will purchase + listen when at home

Comment

I think the first two Portishead albums are pretty different, the first is quite a mellow album but the second (and third) are much harsher listens and need to be listened to rather than heard imho.

Comment

Sounds like a continuation of the Krautrock/motorik sound they flirted with on 3rd.

Perhaps controversially, I actually think 3rd is better than Dummy. Don't get me wrong, the debut record was great, but I just love the harsher, darker edge of 3rd. 'Portishead' was a bit too More-Of-The-Same for my liking, but it did have its moments.

Comment

I dont think Portishead have ever made a bad track tbh.

Comment

Working...
              X