Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I struggle to believe that video isn't of a device which lights up as the music plays, and that person has learned the sequence of lights to look like they're playing it!

Comment

Love the pocket operators, ended up been bought the Super set for my birthday. Want the other 3 but i can hold out for those till later, would be awesome to have all 6 linked.

Comment

The cases look great, but I read that it can be difficult to see the diode lights. Is that true?

I tried sync'ing all 4 of my PO's this afternoon and couldn't get the fourth PO to do anything. I wondering if we are limited to 3 only.

Comment

You need to be at a specific angle to see the lights but with them on a flat surface you can see them ok, they are a lot dimmer as they have to shine through the silicone but they are still useable. The buttons take a bit of getting used to through the case but good once you get used to it you're good to go, thankfully they came free in the super set but to buy individually i think they are a bit overpriced but they do offer really good protection the material is tough and high quality. Not like a weak flimsy phone cover that loosely hangs off it. These suckers hold your PO tightly.

Loving your demos Hudson btw, that arcade PO sounds amazing.

I thought you could link as many as you wanted but i only have 3 to use so i couldn't test more. Wonder if there's a certain sync setting on them you have to put it to? Had a quick search online seems nobody has tried more than 3, you are probably correct and theres a limit to 3. To do all 6 you'd probably need to link them in separate groups of 3 and cope with the sync manually to make the 2 groups work with each other.

My music skills are total rubbish but i do love gadgety stuff.

Comment

Must admit I have been tempted to get a case for mine. Didn't even consider the diode light issue actually. They are nice cases.

Comment

So many new cool hardware synths these days, particularly all these new modular ones. I do think they look really cool, I'm always tempted to buy, but I spent so many years working with hardware filling up a whole room. I now love the simplicity of a DAW, controller keyboard, and a good pair of monitor speakers, thats it. Then do everything "inside the box".

Comment

Thanks to that vid Eastyy posted i now have learnt about midi fighters, they are very cool but seems you need a good knowledge of how to use music software to make them work seeing as it's just a sample player. Would be lying if i said i didn't want one they look amazing fun to use.

Been browsing youtube found some very nice music that was made on those things.

Comment

Another video, guys This time POxOutrun!

Whilst doing this, I found my PO-28 Robot was playing up. Keep resetting off and one. Have to be gentle with it. Seems like it could be loose battery bars?

Comment

AMAZE

Comment

Haha thanks, such a lo-fi set up. It was like my devices were at a drive-in cinema.

Comment

You get bonus points though for setting up a little display to go with your performance.

Comment

That OP-1 looks incredible. I've just been on their site and saw the YT video of it interfacing with the Lego stuff.

Originally posted by importaku View Post
                          Thanks to that vid Eastyy posted i now have learnt about midi fighters, they are very cool but seems you need a good knowledge of how to use music software to make them work seeing as it's just a sample player. Would be lying if i said i didn't want one they look amazing fun to use.

Been browsing youtube found some very nice music that was made on those things.
                          Yeah, plus they benefit from using decent parts like Sanwa that are built to last. Also, I'm loving the one with tilt control!

Depending on the program it could take a little while to set up but I had an M-Audio trigger finger with 16 pads and could assign the buttons to samples in Ableton within a few seconds. Setting up the samples themselves takes ages, though

I'd love it if there was a really basic sample player that you could chuck music files into, quickly cut them up wherever you want and then play them on each pad. Ideally it would let me choose if a sample was meant to play solo or not. Or maybe there is already something like that and I just haven't found it.

Comment

Originally posted by hudson View Post
                            Wicked!

Comment

Originally posted by hudson View Post

Whilst doing this, I found my PO-28 Robot was playing up. Keep resetting off and one. Have to be gentle with it. Seems like it could be loose battery bars?

Incredible! I love it.

Comment

Thanks guys. I just wish I had the time to do it in full and have the skills to play it in live for the video. Oh and have the hydraulic arcade machine in my bathroom.

Comment

Working...
                                X