No announcement yet.

Blu-Ray Best Of The Best - for discussing releases only

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

liesinc.net is your first and best source for all of the information you’re looking for. From general topics to more of what you would expect to find here, liesinc.net has it all. We hope you find what you are searching for!

That site seems to suggest that it is (At least for the German version).

Comment

Originally posted by John Parry View Post
      Pre-ordered it about a week back, they also have Paprika at teh same price if you pre-order.
      Bah I wish you hadn't told me that! There is loads of stuff out in the UK this month I want, and I have just ordered the Bourne Collection on HD-DVD.

I might pre-order Ratatouille from play as well as ?17.99 is a good price for that.

Comment

When is Ratatouille out?

I have those two on pre-order as I wouldn't be surprised to seem them go up a few quid later on.

Comment

Eh 11/02/2007 seems to be what everyone is quoting.

Comment

Actually after having a look at the coming soon section on play, pretty much everything that is rrp £24.99 is only £17.99 which is pretty cool.

Comment

Gonna take a punt on Paprika and Tekkon Kinkreet. Will flog em on ebay or here if they don't work.

Comment

Originally posted by John Parry View Post
                When is Ratatouille out?

I have those two on pre-order as I wouldn't be surprised to seem them go up a few quid later on.
                I bought it today from Playusa, it was 16.99 delivered.

Comment

I got Ratatouille for christmas, very nice picture and indeed a great movie. Just found out my Pixar Shorts (region B) works on my US PS3 so that turned out well as well.

Comment

Originally posted by Mad Gear View Post
                    Gonna take a punt on Paprika and Tekkon Kinkreet. Will flog em on ebay or here if they don't work.
                    Now packing. Fingers crossed.

Comment

Fox have announced six they are calling "must have" catalogue Q1 blu-rays in advance of CES:

Originally posted by Fox Press Office

FOX ANNOUNCES NEXT WAVE OF “MUST HAVE”
                      BLU-RAY DISC CATALOG TITLES

Includes the Highly Anticipated Blu-ray Debuts Of
                      ICE AGE, INDEPENDENCE DAY and I, ROBOT
                      MAN ON FIRE, WALL STREET, and ME, MYSELF & IRENE Also To Release on BD Q1 2008

LOS ANGELES -- Twentieth Century Fox Home Entertainment (TCFHE) today confirmed the arrival of six fan favorite “must have” Blu-ray Disc catalog titles available in the first quarter of 2008. Highlights include the long-awaited BD debuts of ICE AGE (March 4), featuring everyone’s favorite sub-zero heroes in a daring quest to return a human baby to its tribe; the sci-fi action thriller INDEPENDENCE DAY (March 11) starring Academy Award®-nominated actor Will Smith and featuring a Blu-ray exclusive trivia track and BD-Java Alien Scavenger Hunt game that challenges players to correctly identify items in select scenes to unlock additional bonus features; and the high-tech action adventure I, ROBOT (March 11) also starring Will Smith and featuring a BD industry first – direct access to in-movie features through one of the four colored buttons on the BD remote that allows viewers to quickly access the enormous amount of bonus materials on the disc including commentaries, production diaries, extended and deleted scenes, trivia and more.

Additional BD titles to debut include the psychological thriller MAN ON FIRE starring Academy Award®-winning actors Denzel Washington and Christopher Walken available January 8; Academy Award®-winning director Oliver Stone’s behind-the-scenes look at corporate greed and corruption, WALL STREET, starring Charlie Sheen and Michael Douglas, in his Academy Award®-winning Best Actor performance; and the hilarious Farrelly brother’s comedy about nice guys with multiple personality disorders, ME, MYSELF & IRENE, starring Jim Carrey and Academy Award®-winning actress Renee Zellweger, both available February 5.

Each of Fox’s BD titles will be available for the suggested retail price of $39.98/49.98 CANADA.

MAN ON FIRE: Authored in BD-Java using MPEG2 compression and presented on a 50GB dual layer disc with English 5.1 DTS HD Lossless Master Audio and French and Spanish 5.1 Dolby Digital Sound. Subtitles: English, Spanish, French.

WALL STREET: Authored in MPEG2 compression and presented on a 50GB dual layer disc with English 5.1 DTS HD Lossless Master Audio and English, French and Spanish subtitles. Bonus features include:
                      o Commentary by Oliver Stone
                      o Intro by Oliver Stone
                      o Greed is Good-Featurette
                      o Deleted Scenes with optional commentary by Director Oliver Stone
                      o Money Never Sleeps - The Making of Wall Street

ME, MYSELF & IRENE: Authored in MPEG2 compression and presented on a 25GB disc with English 5.1 DTS HD Lossless Master Audio and French 5.1 Dolby Digital Sound. Subtitles: English, Spanish, French. Bonus features include:
                      o Deleted scenes with optional commentary by Bobby Farrelly and Peter Farrelly
                      o Crap on the Lawn
                      o My Cow Likes The Road
                      o Warming The Melon
                      o Morning After
                      o Can't Find My Wallet
                      o Hat On Fire
                      o Dear Old Dad
                      o Sex Flashback
                      o Hank and Charlie Disagree
                      o Extended Butt Chin Scene
                      o Theatrical Trailers

ICE AGE: Authored in MPEG2 compression and presented on a 25GB disc with English 5.1 DTS HD Lossless Master Audio and French and Spanish 5.1 Dolby Digital Sound. Subtitles: English, Spanish, French. Bonus features include:
                      o Commentary by Director Chris Wedge and Co-Director Carlos Saldanha
                      o Deleted Scenes with commentary by Director Chris Wedge and Co-Director Carlos Saldanha
                      o "Paying Toll"with Aardvarks
                      o Sylvia and Sid Introduction
                      o Sabre Stake Out
                      o No More Fruit For You
                      o Sid and the Ladies
                      o Sid and Sylvia
                      o Gone Nutty – Scrat’s Missing Adventure
                      o Theatrical Teaser
                      o Theatrical Trailers

INDEPENDENCE DAY:Authored in BD-Java using MPEG2 compression and presented on a 50GB dual-layer disc with English 5.1 DTS HD Lossless Master Audio and French and Spanish 5.1 Dolby Digital Sound. Subtitles: English, Spanish, French. Bonus features include:
                      o Scene Specific Commentary by Director Roland Emerich and Producer Dean Devlin
                      o Commentary by Oscar-Winning FX supervisors Volker Engel and Doug Smith
                      o Trivia Track
                      o Search Content
                      o Personal Scene Selections
                      o Alien Scavenger Hunt (Java Game)
                      o D-Box Technology
                      o Theatrical Teaser
                      o Theatrical Trailers

I, ROBOT: Authored in BD-Java using MPEG2 compression and presented on a 50GB dual-layer disc English 5.1 DTS HD Lossless Master Audio and French and Spanish 5.1 Dolby Digital Sound. Subtitles: English, Spanish, French. Bonus features include:
                      o Commentary by Director Alex Proyas and Screenwriter Akiva Goldsman
                      o Commentary by Screenwriter Jeff Vintar
                      o Commentary by Composer Marco Beltrami with isolated cues from the score
                      o I, Robot Trivia Track
                      o Extended and Deleted Scenes
                      o D-Box Technology

Blu-ray Disc is a next generation optical disc format developed for high-definition video and high-capacity software applications. A single-layer Blu-ray Disc holds up to 25 gigabytes of data and a dual-layer Blu-ray Disc holds up to 50 gigabytes of data. This greater storage capacity enables the Blu-ray Disc to store over six times the amount of content than is possible with current DVDs, and is particularly well-suited for high definition feature films with extended levels of additional bonus and interactive material. Blu-ray also features the most advanced copy protection, player backward compatibility with the current DVD format, connectivity and advanced interactivity.

The Studio’s commitment to emerging technologies is dedicated to enhancing the consumer experience of its products and providing for backward compatibility with their existing home entertainment libraries while also aggressively protecting its intellectual property from piracy. The Blu-ray companies fully embrace the Studio’s steadfast commitment to the fight against piracy and the preservation of the integrity of its properties. Twentieth Century Fox is a member of the Board of Directors of the Blu- ray Disc Association.

A recognized global industry leader, Twentieth Century Fox Home Entertainment LLC (TCFHE) is the worldwide marketing, sales and distribution company for all Fox film and television programming on VHS, DVD and Blu-ray Disc (BD) as well as acquisitions and original productions. The company also releases all products around the globe for MGM Home Entertainment. Each year TCFHE introduces hundreds of new and newly enhanced products, which it services to retail outlets -- from mass merchants and warehouse clubs to specialty stores and e-commerce - throughout the world. Twentieth Century Fox Home Entertainment LLC is a subsidiary of Twentieth Century Fox Film Corporation, a News Corporation company.
                      Not really seeing most of them as must have myself but I'll definately be picking up Ice Age,
                      Last edited by JP; 04-01-2008, 21:15.

Comment

I quite fancy Wall Street, only because I haven't seen it in ages, but none of the others grab me. Mind you, it really is time Fox drop their expectations of back-cat titles - US$40 for a catalogue title really is taking the mickey.

Comment

On another note - has anyone got the US releases of Memento and The Usual Suspects? If so, would you recommend them, in terms of HD video and audio?

Comment

I'd like both of those but seem to remember reading bad things about the quality of Momento...

Does anybody know why Fox are still charging almost twice as much as other companies?

Comment

They tend to work out OK-ish over here - you should get any Fox title for around £14 online - but it's us US PS3 owners who are shafted. The likes of DVDPacific and Amazon.com charge £14-£15 before shipping for Fox catalogue titles - steep, when you think to yourself 'that's the third or fourth time I've bought Edward Scissorhands...."

Comment

It does seem to be worse in the shops though, in HMV today they have just a few titles between £27 and £30...all fox too.

I know online is far better but prices like that for things like Alien Vs Predator when brand new titles are topping out at around £19 from other studios.

Hopefully they'll see the need to drop the RRP now that they'll have more serious competition with Warner on the team.

Comment

Working...
                                X