The Road

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Road

It seems like this movie is having a pretty quiet release at the moment. But The Road is released this coming friday (8th January) and is set in a post-apocalyptic world, and is the tale of a father and son trying to survive by any means possible.

The father is played by Viggo Mortensen (Aaragon from the Lord of the Rings films). He said it was a brilliant script (the script is taken from a book which was written by the same bloke who wrote No Country for Old Men) and decided to come out of his break after the LOTR trilogy and act for this film.

Looking very good indeed, and it's out in the UK this friday.

Surprised more people aren't talking about this. It's getting some great reviews. Empire gave it 4/5 and most readers are giving it 5.

I seem to think post-apocalyptic films are always ace like Mad Max or Hell Comes to Frogtown, but in reality The Road sounds as cheery as The Mist meets The Texas Chainsaw Massacre...

Comment

Yeah, i've seen a few clips of this over the holiday and looks good. It also looks very similar to a new film with Denzil Washington called Book of Eli.

Comment

I've been looking forward to the film version of this for ages. It seems to have been stuck in post production for a while.

Comment

Yeah cant wait for this on the weekend.

Comment

Originally posted by NemesiS View Post
            Yeah, i've seen a few clips of this over the holiday and looks good. It also looks very similar to a new film with Denzil Washington called Book of Eli.
            The Denzel one looks more fun from the TV spots. The Road looks like a romance fest set in the realms of mad max.

Thing is, in the Denzel trailer there are explosions and gun shots, in The Vigo one there's him and Theron looking all angsty.

Comment

Originally posted by Baseley09 View Post
              The Road looks like a romance fest set in the realms of mad max.
              It really isn't

To be fair the trailers have done a pretty bad job explaining what The Road is, but then it isn't an easy story to sell. The book is one of the most disturbing and moving I've read in years so I'm naturally looking forward to this a lot.

Comment

Originally posted by PeteJ View Post
                The book is one of the most disturbing and moving I've read in years
                +1 ... though I can't seem to get excited about seeing it on the screen for some reason.

Comment

I think that looks really interesting, but I'll wait for the feeback and probably borrow the blu ray when it makes an appearance.

Comment

Originally posted by Baseley09 View Post
                    The Denzel one looks more fun from the TV spots. The Road looks like a romance fest set in the realms of mad max.
                    Book of Eli is written by Gary Whitta of PC Gamer fame!

I found The Road (Book) mind-numbingly dull and predictable, personally. I honestly can't think how it could possibly translate into a film without being butchered beyond recognition.

Comment

As long as there are

babies roasting over an open fire

I'm in!

Comment

Originally posted by spagmasterswift View Post
                        As long as there are

babies roasting over an open fire

I'm in!
                        Sure I read that bit didn't make the film.

Comment

Then I'm out!

Comment

Yeah thats not in. It's a great film though, regardless. I was all choked up at the end (I was recovering from a small bout of flu)

Comment

Working...
                            X