The Stuttering School (C4)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Stuttering School (C4)

Did anyone watch this last night? It's on 4onDemand now if people are curious.

It follows two people with stutters who take a stuttering course called The McGuire Programme. I'm actually on the McGuire Programme as a 'recovering stammerer' myself. Did anyone have any thoughts about it?

I spent a grand last year on a Voice Amp that kinda works, but requires immense concentration and gives me a headache.

A friend called to say the program was on, I'll watch it soon.

Comment

Originally posted by Shakey_Jake33 View Post
      Did anyone watch this last night? It's on 4onDemand now if people are curious.

It follows two people with stutters who take a stuttering course called The McGuire Programme. I'm actually on the McGuire Programme as a 'recovering stammerer' myself. Did anyone have any thoughts about it?
      me too. its calmed down alot now all grown up an-that, but used to be rubbish as a kid in school. kids can be so evil when youv got something abit 'wrong' with you.
      havent heard of this programme, but will check it out...

Comment

I watched it on demand today. I've had a stammer all my life and have thought about the McGuire program in the past but nothing I've tried in the past has really worked and as I remember from earlier research, this is a kind of expensive option. Looked on the site today though and couldn't find a price tag anywhere which is never a good sign if you ask me.

I'm not as bad as the two featured on the program and I try not to let it interfere my life any more but not always successful. I work in a store often on my own so I have to answer the phone and deal with customers which has helped me a lot. I can tell you though it's not just kids who can be evil when it comes to people who stammer and though I do my best not to let it bother me anymore it still has an effect. But I fall apart in job interviews or talking to someone in a bar to the point where I generally avoid these situations now which is not good. If there's three friends in a conversation I'm the silent one.

I don't believe in the quick fix and throwing money at the problem and I fear programs like this will just be a waste of money. With the television program itself it's a shame it was only 25 minutes long and would have liked a little more depth on the topic.

Edit: Found the price. £700!!!
        Last edited by Concrete donkey; 24-02-2010, 14:58.

Comment

Working...
        X