Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Going Postal

Another Pratchett adaptation by Sky.

Hogfather was great, Colour of magic was awful. This looks promising though.

Looks fun. I still have Hogfather sealed on DVD just never got around to watching it!

Comment

First half was pretty good.

Better casting and a meatier plot than Colour of Magic. Director seems to be getting to grips with humour a bit more. Still occasionally a bit too hammy but overall enjoyable.

Comment

Bloody missed it again. I always forget to watch tv. Not seen 1 Doctor Who on tv, all on the iplayer.

Comment

sky are repeating it on and off. i enjoyed it greatly although i did lament the change of casting, losing loss ackland as ridicully was a blow.
          I know its a bit off topic but i liked colour of magic but you have to appreciate that they effectivly had to cramp colour of magic and the light fantastic into one adaption.... which was always going to be a bid too far.

Comment

I really really enjoyed this, I'm gonna pick up the others on DVD, the main guy was excellent.

I can't believe it's the Same guy who us the beardy brother in The Prince if Persia film, talk about versatile

Comment

Yeah I thought this was easily the best of the three adaptations.

Casting of all the characters was great, especially Vetinari (hope he comes back), the plot went along smoothly and the humour worked better.

The minor change in the final scene hinted that they weren't going to make Making Money which is a shame (although I thought that book was a bit of a mess, too many subplots).

Hopefully they'll keep making these.

Comment

Haven't watched the second episode yet but I have to agree that the first episode at least is far better than the others.

Comment

Working...
                X