Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Guru (formerly of Gang Starr) dies aged 43.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Guru (formerly of Gang Starr) dies aged 43.

BBC, News, BBC News, news online, world, uk, international, foreign, british, online, service

Only just found out...can't believe it.

One of my all-time hip-hop faves, whether he was with DJ Premier as the mighty Gang Starr or on a solo tip with the classic Jazzmatazz LPs (essential for any self-respecting Hip-Hop fan).

RIP, Baldhead Slick.
    Last edited by Nu-Eclipse; 20-04-2010, 19:01.

Originally posted by Nu-Eclipse View Post
    http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/entertainment/8633175.stm

Only just found out...can't believe it.

One of my all-time hip-hop faves, whether he was with DJ Premier as the mighty Gang Starr or on a solo tip with the classic Jazzmatazz LPs (essential for any self-respecting Hip-Hop fan).

RIP, Baldhead Slick.
    Noooo.. Nightmare - one of my most listened to groups, and I've always got one of their songs buzzing around my head. I heard on the radio about him being ill.. Poor Bast. RIP

Comment

I've only just recently discovered Gang Starr, and am really enjoying what I'm hearing. So when I read about this yesterday, it was a bit of a downer.

Clearly a talented rapper, I suppose this is as good a time as any now for me to look further into his work and solo stuff, but still:

Comment

Heard about this yesterday. So gutting. Used to listen to his stuff when I used to skateboard.

Comment

He had such a voice. Very sad news.

Comment

Working...
          X