Persons Unknown

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Persons Unknown

Is anyone watching this? About four episodes in now, and I am really liking it. Moving along quite slowly in each episode but enough to keep you interested.

A group of diverse strangers find themselves stranded in a deserted town with no idea of how they got there. Security cameras are watching their every move, defeating their attempts to escape. Faced with physical, emotional and psychological challenges, the hostages must rely on each other to survive as their abductors sow mistrust and pit them against each other. Meanwhile, an investigative reporter has begun to look into the disappearance of the missing people despite intimidation by those apparently in the know.

Still no one else watch this? Finishes next week - for good! End of the first series, and only one series in total.

Shame, as I have really enjoyed it, and it filled a gap in the "wtf is going on?" viewing since Lost finished.

Comment

Been waxing lyrical in the other tv shows thread forever Chris, nobody listened to me.

It's great imho, definitely the spiritual successor to Lost.

It might not be only one season by the way, they can do a second, they just need a network to pick it up!

Comment

LOL sorry, missed the posts otherwise I'd have replied mate

Ooooh could be a second series? I thought they were just trying to get shot of it as soon as possible, hence the last episode being web only. Be nice to have a second series, but I want some answers! SOME! Any will do!

Comment

Episodes 11 (last night) 12 AND 13 are all web.

Typically poorly treated though, moved around the schedule, messed around because it didn't do gangbusters on day one.

Just like Jericho, another one will bite the dust sooner rather than later.

Interesting article there Chris!
          Last edited by Jebus; 24-08-2010, 12:48.

Comment

There were essentially two episodes at the weekend. One Saturday night, one Sunday night. The Sunday night one was only shown on NBC.COM

Episodes 10 and 11 weren't they?

Watched episode 11 (web) last night - answers a few questions, and sets up the (double episode) finale quite well!

Comment

Ta for the link Jebus. Are you sure that 12 and 13 are WEB only too though?

Comment

Not sure if I'm honest, as I said...I think the show has been treated exceedingly poorly...

Comment

Episodes 12 & 13 are on TV in America on Saturday evening, won't post a link confirming as it also says the episode names. Check the TV schedule on NBC.com.

I too have been watching from the start Jebus, it's good stuff

Comment

Looking for a new show to try, will give it a go!

Comment

I hadn't heard about this, but it sounds interesting, so I'll give it a chance.

Thanks for the info.

Comment

I'd definitely reccomend giving it at least two episodes, the first (the pilot) is a little stilted (acting wise) in places, but it improves quickly.

Comment

What a crap ending then eh?

Comment

Just finished the 13 episodes and really enjoyed it. As mini-series go it wasn't quite up there with The Lost Room but this was still engaging throughout. I liked the pacing too, nice to have things revealed quickly (while still maintaining some mystery) rather than pissing about Lost style.

I thought the last couple of episodes were the best, and the ending was great. No need for a second series, while it introduced a few new things right at the end I thought the first did enough.

Thanks for the recomendation

Comment

I just watched the first 3 episodes of this and so far I'm not really feeling it. The characters are all one dimensional and irritating and the plot doesn't really intrigue me yet. Does it get a lot better?

Comment

Working...
                              X