ZombieZ promo - check it out :)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ZombieZ promo - check it out :)

Some of you may remember the short film / promo I shot last year. Well, after a few issues beyond my control, we've finally got the thing edited together. Please watch the HD version is you can

Let me know what you think.

Oh, possibly NSFW....

Comment

We've seen it all before, its got a British sense of humour very similar to SOTD. However its very polished, I could tell the budget wasnt all that but its looks like you lot were resourceful.

Comment

We had no budget

And really, it's nothing like SOTD at all. For a start it's funny And it's got blood in it

Seriously, no similarities whatsoever, other than it's made over here and about zombies.

Glad you liked it, a lot of time went into it. Now if we could only raise the money to make the full feature....

Comment

Great music, seems like a proper cheesefest

Still think you could get some more realism in there with proper choreography though.

Comment

Cheesefest is what I was going for

Not sure why we want more realism? The choreography wasn't great due to time constraints and other factors that meant we couldn't get pickups done (we dropped quite a lot on the day as the crane stunt was the main focus, of course). Still, I hope it flows well enough to tell the story

Thanks for the feedback guys.

Comment

Yeah, well with realism of course I mean gore that's slightly more "believable" if you will than someone pulling a long hanky drenched in cranberry sauce from a zombie's shirt

What did you use for blood anyway? I remember doing an amateur production ages ago and we used water, corn flour and red food dye. Works like a charm, amazingly realistic and often used in Hollywood as well. Pro tip from someone I know who's been in the amateur flick bizz for ages: add some lemon juice and sugar to it and you won't mind getting it in your mouth, pretty tasty

The cool thing about the corn flour is that not only does it mimic the look and texture of blood to damn near perfection, it also "cakes" like real blood when it dries.

Comment

LOL, yeah the guts aren't great....

Blood - for thick blood, syrup and food colouring (red and black). For the fountain, that's just water with colouring, with maybe a pot or two of syrup in the bin we used to help opacity. Was a garden pond pump going through a lot of piping, didn't want to clog it up.

Comment

Working...
                X