Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Changes to SKY HD

"Important changes to your HD service
    We also wanted to let you know that on or around the 5th October 2010, we are changing the way we offer our HD channels by aligning them to your Sky TV subscription. For example, to enjoy great HD dramas on Sky1 HD, you would need to have the Variety Pack which includes Sky1; and you'll need the Knowledge Pack to watch those beautiful HD documentaries on National Geographic HD and Discovery HD. Whilst you are within your minimum contract term, you can keep the additional HD channels which you currently have access to if you contact us.

We hope that everything is clear and that you carry on enjoying all the great programmes and services you get with Sky. "

What does this mean? I have a "sky HD" pack. Does this mean that I have to contact SKY to keep it? Worst email comms ever.

I assume at the moment that you get all HD channels regardless of whether you subscribe to their non-HD counterparts? Sounds like that's going to stop as of October.

I get the full package, so no difference to me.

Comment

Will they still charge you £10 extra?

Comment

I would have thought so. You'll still need the extra bandwidth and have access to the 'free' HD channels (BBC etc.).

Got to assume people were cancelling their Sports/Movie packages because they were included with HD. I have to say, I bloody well would have if I'd have known.

Comment

Gah!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
          Just spent 2 minutes on the phone following options and pressing buttons that seemed relevant till I got to 5 options, none of which had anything to do with talking to someone about this. I thought perhaps if I didn't press anything it would put me through to someone, but no, it said "Sorry, we don't know what you want to do. Thanks for calling SKY".

lol basts.

Comment

dammit am I having a slow brain day? Just tried via another option route. Still no way of actually talking to someone.

Comment

lol, I had to press the last option "all other packages" (even though the packages I have was one of the earlier options) - this takes you straight to an "advisor". Unfortunately he has no idea what I'm talking about.

I'm on hold.

Comment

*follows thread with interest*

I can;t watch Sky Sports HD now though, despite having an HD subscription but no Sky Sports sub. So what's different?

Comment

Comment

I'm still on the phone.

I had to upload the picture above to show the people on the phone. I don't think they have been briefed on this yet

Comment

This is paving the way for free HD - not sure when this will happen but this is the first step to align the packages properly (the initial lauch of HD was a bit of a rush/hassle getting the entitlements sorted in the background).

(info from a PM on the price change project running at Sky at the moment)

Comment

I have an "HD pack" so I get Eurosport HD even though I don't get Eurosport (SD) and other similar stuff.

The very helpful person on the phone said although she has not been told about this, she was very glad to see the email because no doubt lots of other people will be phoning today.... She has put a note on my file and given me her direct phone number, so on 6th October, I have a note in my diary to check the channels and she said just phone her if they aren't there and she'll fix.

Comment

Originally posted by Dirty Sanchez View Post
                          This is paving the way for free HD - not sure when this will happen but this is the first step to align the packages properly (the initial lauch of HD was a bit of a rush/hassle getting the entitlements sorted in the background).

(info from a PM on the price change project running at Sky at the moment)
                          Thanks! Yeah, the changes all make perfect sense - it's just weird the way the email suggested I should call to keep the channels even within my offer term... The lady on the phone thought it should all stay in place for me automatically all the offer expires.

Off topic: I'm really liking the way channel 5 are doing their HD channel. i.e. It's the normal channel with HD bits if available. The other channels with their different schedules are a joke.

Comment

Charles you might want to blank out your account number.

Comment

****. Thanks dude.

Comment

Working...
                              X