No announcement yet.

The Walking Dead (TV series)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I found it quite dull, we'd already seen most of the best bits in the trailer,

suprise ending though

Comment

Did anyone see the S2 webisodes? Six of them, about 1.5-2 minutes each. Gives you the backstory for the zombie woman from the first episode who was cut in half and crawling along the grass. Yuck!

Comment

Originally posted by Rep View Post
        I found it quite dull, we'd already seen most of the best bits in the trailer,

suprise ending though
        Its not

suprising if you have read the comics as carl was shot in those too

. I still dont really understand why they have changed this so much from the comics when everything that was in them would have translated relaly well to a tv show but I enjoyed the start to the second season on the whole. It started off a bit dull and the melodrama was almost cheesy in places but the effects for the zombies seemed even better than last season and there were a couple of really great moments. It seemed to get better as the episode went on.

The biggest disapointment with this show up to now has deffinitley been that the characters just aren't half as intresting as they were originaly written and all the new additions continue to add nothing. It is nice to see that a few more characters from the comics are joining the show soon though.
        Last edited by rmoxon; 18-10-2011, 21:38.

Comment

Not into this second season at all, seems to lack all the suspense and punch the original one did. Really hope it picks up soon.

Comment

Originally posted by Rep View Post
            Not into this second season at all, seems to lack all the suspense and punch the original one did. Really hope it picks up soon.
            Lacks suspense? The first encounter with a 'herd' was awesome!

Comment

It is slow right now but(and i havent read the comics) i am guessing its a calm before a **** storm.

When the house gets discovered it will hit the fan i suspect.

Comment

Enjoying this, the last episode was a bit slow, and was probably the weakest from either series, although there was a good kick in the last few minutes.

Comment

Wow, really surprised by the comments here, ha, i was expecting completely different responses.

Personally I've been absolutely loving Series. 2 thus far. I never find it dull, each 'quiet' moment is always full of suspence, that air of unease, how can a world full of walking dead ever be dull? Every environment they visit tells its own story, shows its own unique struggle - for me the world is just as intriguing as the characters.

I like 'the event' in Ep 3. Raised some interesting questions. I cant help but think i would have done something similar.........
                  ----Member since April 2002

http://www.redbubble.com/people/adamstone

Comment

i agree - personally loving this series.
                    the only negative being the whole

Sophia missing plot

- pls wrap that up soon.
                    the

shane and otis thing

geniuinly made my mouth drop. so evil.

on a side note, anyone else reading the rise of the governor novel?

Comment

This show feels a lot like LOST - and it's structured in the same sort of way, only the plot isn't as complex. I think the producers have done brilliantly with realising a Zombie series for tv. Of course.. the story is drawn-out, but that's to be expected with a show that's designed to run for many seasons. With good actors and a compelling scenario.. I can forgive a few irritations.

Andrew Lincoln suits the lead role perfectly - and is one of the few English actors who can pretend to be an American convincingly. The casting people deserve an award.
                      Last edited by Leon Retro; 08-11-2011, 05:20.

Comment

Ep05 a huge improvement for me, at least it looks like we've gotten somewhere now. Roll on next weeks

Comment

Originally posted by PaTaito View Post
                          It is slow right now but(and i havent read the comics) i am guessing its a calm before a **** storm.

When the house gets discovered it will hit the fan i suspect.
                          You couldn't be more right mate. I'm up to book no 7 and some of the stuff that has happened is mental. It really is the calm before the storm. They seem to be generally folowing the same story but theire are some big differences too. For example

, Shane gets killed by Carl in the first book but the TV producers obviously thought he was too good a character to kill off so soon.

Last edited by Brad; 17-11-2011, 15:49. Reason: Spoiler tags
                          Don't look at me, I'm irrelevant.

Comment

Great use of spoiler tags there

Comment

This is my favourite show on tv at the moment, just watched Chupacabra which has brought more and more to the table in regards to what we can expect over the coming episodes.

Definitely a 'lost' feel to this, and even though its not as slick, it does appear to be dealing with most of what is happening more efficiently. Thank **** the flashbacks are only short offerings instead of half an episode, I hope they keep it like this.

Comment

I've got 11 condoms left!
                                That's 11 minutes of my life I won't get back

Even with zombies running amok and a whole bunch(most?) of the regular human population buggered, girl has an issue with shooting early

Comment

Working...
                                X