The Walking Dead (TV series)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

At least a 4WD is a step up!

I agree with a lot of comments - this series should basically be Highway to Heaven but instead of an angel travelling from town to town helping peeps, it's Rick & Daryl et al going from town to town trying killing zombies AND helping peeps on the way. Some of the group get killed, they recruit new dudes along the way.

Their journey has no ending, they are forever seeking the Holy Grail - we don't know that it definitely exists, but we get little hints along the way that it might.

Comment

Originally posted by Finsbury Girl View Post
      I must admit there are a lot of things that are very stupid about this show.

Why are they driving around ****ty old cars when there are friggin army hummers littered everywhere? They have their pick of any old vehicle lying in the road or in almost every car dealership!!! They don't have any utes (pick ups) full up with survival gear/ no inflatable boat etc.

How come Rick didn't try and drive the bloody tank or at least fire the 50 cal at the hordes of zombies. Speaking of 50 cals, why didn't they take the hummers with the 50 cals on them right next to the CDC? Why haven't they taken any assault or sniper rifles or military equipment such as night goggles, gas masks etc. from dead or zombie soldiers??
      Maybe the pick of the cars didn't have gas, keys, room for all there stuff?....isnt that why they use dale's RV during that period of the show?

I know they start running around in modern cars from like season 3 onwards, after they had established a proper home where they store all their gear.

As for the tank and 50 cals, i think its safe to say you don't want to be drawing that kind of attention on your travels...probably why daryl uses the crossbow. When you can only carry a finite amount of ammo, the attention it draws would be more hassle than its worth.

Any number of reasons for these things...hardly stupid.
      Last edited by PaTaito; 02-07-2014, 18:44.

Comment

You don't need a .50 call to kill a zombie and the ammo for that would be scarce too. A hummer would use too much fuel which is presumably scarce now. Little compact cars make more sense. Not sure why you want a gas mask either!

Now, in a zombie apocalypse video game I'd want all those things!

Comment

From the farm to the prison to the road, AMC’s “The Walking Dead” has spent most of its first four seasons wandering around the greener pastures of America. That approach is about to change though with the upcoming fifth season returning to a more urban environment which we haven’t really seen since the pilot. Producer […]

Season 5 will see the group start to move back towards the cities after seasons of country roads and locations (Yay!) as they begin the search for the Zombie Cure (ZZzzz)

Comment

Yawn, sounds like another season (or two) of them travelling then.

Comment

Finished up Season 4 last night.

Interesting (to me) is that I turned it off halfway through the 2nd episode. I literally found it too depressing to watch.

So went back to it the next night had continued on. The whole season just felt like filler with little to go on. Find a place, establish a camp, run into bad dudes, camp destroyed, find a place.. rinse and repeat.

The same thing happens in the comic, but just seems to be more engaging.

Comment

I would like to see a edited version of this show with HEADSHOT being screamed out and splayed across the screen each time there's a.. well a headshot.

Comment

I did the same Koppo. Quit the show then returned a year later and caught up. Starts again in the next couple of weeks I think.

Comment

Oh and those dad jokes on QC's post crack me up each time I look at them.

Comment

Just days before the fifth season is slated to premiere, AMC has officially renewed its hit zombie drama series “The Walking Dead” for a sixth season. In an official statement, AMC president Charlie Collier says: “In advance of Sunday’s season five premiere, AMC proudly confirms a sixth season order of this extraordinary series. Thank you […]

Just ahead of the premier, ABC has already greenlit Season 6.

The real question though... will Syfy greenlight Z Nation Season 2?

Comment

I really hope so, am enjoying watching Z Nation each weekend.

Just feel like Walking Dead will still be going in ten years time judging by the pace of previous seasons.

Comment

Not a bad opening episode last night, bit more action, will stick with it until I get bored.

Comment

Boring I thought, more of the same meh

Comment

Heh that's as good as Walking Dead gets my friend.

Z-Nation is far more entertaining I'll grant you.

Comment

I think im done with the whole zombie genre.. I'll go back to it later in the series.

Comment

Working...
                                X