The Walking Dead (TV series)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Superman Falls View Post
    Disliked the ep myself, reminded me of the dull filler previous seasons fell prey too. Another boring band of survivors who aren't that friendly compunded by focusing on one of the shows worst characters. The last scene arrival gave me hope that the focus will be on a far better developed, acted and interesting character next ep and we'll see things get back to Rick and co asap
    Yeah pretty much my take on it, filler episode.
    Nice to see [HIDE]the hottie beth alive and well but I think everyone knew she was fine?[/HIDE].
    Been good this season so far so expecting it to kick off again next week.
    Still enjoyed it though

Comment

Alright episode again. Can't help but like Eugene.

Comment

Yeah, wasn't perfect but it was a bit better, nice to see the Eugene storyline not be dragged on too long either. Hopefully the show won't hang on these separate story strands too long and we'll see Group B catch up with Rick and Co asap as I want the show to avoid the risk of losing its momentum yet again like the previous 4 seasons did

Comment

Bloody hell that was good!
          After a few boring weeks back on track just in time for the mid season break ha ha!!

Comment

Haven't seen it or indeed any of this season outside of ten minutes of one episode but it seems from what I'm hearing about this and knowing the other seasons that really this show is best enjoyed only watching the last 20 minutes of each mid-season finale and nothing else.

Comment

Good episode this week, mid-season finale, it's back in February.

Dogg Thang, I think it's been a decent first half to the season, only one slow episode really, it's certainly been worse in previous series if you can take that as a recommendation

On a zombie related note, I'm still a fan of Z-Nation, watching every week, though seems I'm alone there.
              Last edited by VR46; 03-12-2014, 08:16. Reason: can't type

Comment

I thought it was a great episode. Rick's gone proper brutal, in fact, he's no better than Shane now. End scenes brought a manly lump to my throat and I forced back up a tear through sheer manliness. Good stuff.

Comment

Yep know what you mean, it's almost as emotional as Sons of Anarchy at times.

Comment

I did not get the emotional thing this time.. Still a good episode and enjoying Rick's black and white approach to things.

Comment

For me the mid-season finale was one of the limpest they've done. Predictable from the off and made a declining seasons plotline so far feel like an utter waste of time. Walking Dead is starting to feel like Lost for me when it was in its Season 2 and 3 lull. Giving the show an actual end date would do it wonders as they're spinning their wheels to such an extent they're going to come off if they carry on much longer. Each season plays out the same:

[Opener eps with tons of action to raise hopes][Filler eps with dull characters and side stories which should have been shelved][Mid season finale with a clash against another group who aren't nice][Filler eps to pad out and slowly set up the finale][Action packed last ep so you'll hang on till the next season]

I do find the Daryl love funny and he is an appealing character but for me the entire show hinges on Rick who himself has far, far too few scenes. If he ever leaves the show I'm done and there's no internet memeness about that statement. When the show explores its situation and themes like the Carol/Tyrese/kids episode last season it's absolutely brilliant but such eps are so rare. It's shocking really that a 13 episode season show has so much padding and repetition. I honestly feel like I should completely ignore the spin-off that's coming as I feel a double dose with no Rick either will kill my interest. They need to axe two thirds of the cast as the group is too big and explore the actual virus and dangers rather than one muppet group leader after another.

*deep breath*

That all said, interested to see what the plan is for the second half of the season as it feels like there's nothing properly set up by that cliffhanger.

Comment

Back after it's mid-season break. Am I pleased? 50/50 really. Down the pecking order of a Monday nights viewing, after House of Lies and Better Call Saul in honesty.

Comment

For me and the missus it was a really weak return episode. Despite its viewing figures and occasional hit I'm beginning to get Lost Season 2 syndrome from the show whereby the lack of any real end game is killing the plotline. Taking a step back, it's almost shocking that the show has spent a half decade going nowhere and revealing nothing about the world it's set in. We just get the same bad leader and Georgia trees action again and again. The thought of a spin-off feels like a bad joke, we're too invested at this point to just switch off but if it doesn't by maybe mid season 6 I can see it hitting bottom of the pile or us giving up on it completely.

Doesn't bode well given the groups new plan, talk about blatantly dumb move.

Comment

Lost its way after season 3 which is a real shame as the budget is huge and the acting is top notch.

Comment

Yes, it's just too padded out, just seems to be a couple of great episodes a year and that's it, rest are pretty mediocre nowadays sadly.

Comment

I don't share any of your opinions, I still enjoy nearly every episode.

Anyway, I wanted to ask.. what did Tyrese see in the photograph of the twins that made him freak out so much? I couldn't figure out what had happened.

Comment

Working...
                                X